Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Motor Tapess - Cefe's Mix
Hi guys,

So here is my attempt to mix this song. I tried to give it a "floating" feeling to the vocals, hopefully i havent overdone the reverbs!

Apart from that I didn't use much processing.
Drums Bus, Compression and tiny bit of eq on the low end. Send to reverb.
For the individual drums i used just eq cuts and a bit of reverb on the snare.
Bass: eq, comp and tiny bit of a phaser (dont ask me why i used the phaser but it sounded good to my ears). Is it too loud?
Guitars Bus: Eq, and comp and send to a bit of reverb.
Guitars individual: eq cuts, and some sends to reverb and delay for stereo spread.
Vocals: eq cuts, comp and d-esser. Send to reverbs
Keys: eq cuts, comp, send to reverbs and delay .
Bck Vox: eq cuts, comp and d-esser. Send to reverbs

Master bus: mono maker at 280hz. and comp: ratio 2, release Auto and GR of 3db. 3db make up.

I think that's it. This is the first time i tried to describe what i used and it seems that i dont like boosting the eqs!

Hope you like it, any comments are very welcome! I will now listen to the other mixes (and comment if i have something interesting to add that haven't been said) and probably go back to correct mine! Big Grin

Cheers

.mp3    Motor Tapess - Cefe\'s Mix.mp3 --  (Download: 8.67 MB)

(28-01-2014, 10:10 PM)Cefe Wrote: I think that's it. This is the first time i tried to describe what i used and it seems that i dont like boosting the eqs!

I like the mix. And I didnt find any FX on the vocals distracting. And I like your thought regarding not boosting EQ's. Having been on tour for the last 4 years, I have a pet hatred for boosting EQ's as opposed to cutting (well, in my case butchering...)