Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Turned the LightsOut
I updated my listening environment and picked up on what others were telling me in the past.  So yay for that.  Thanks for all previous feedback.  Now I see that I've gone a bit different direction with a few things in my stab at this song. For example, that bass synth at the start of this song was full of artifacts I couldn't seem to resolve and they're all I hear in other mixes.  I don't know if I'm happy with how I addressed the problem.  I also know I can't stand the sounds of the dude birthing something in the background where a proper solo should be. maybe it's just me not understanding the genre of music - maybe grunting and weird sounds are normal?

General feedback is appreciated. This is all about learning and trying to get better for me so I appreciate whatever folks can offer.

.mp3    LightsOut_final.mp3 --  (Download: 3.69 MB)

(07-03-2021, 12:39 AM)DiscoDynamo Wrote: I updated my listening environment and picked up on what others were telling me in the past.  So yay for that.  Thanks for all previous feedback.  Now I see that I've gone a bit different direction with a few things in my stab at this song. For example, that bass synth at the start of this song was full of artifacts I couldn't seem to resolve and they're all I hear in other mixes.  I don't know if I'm happy with how I addressed the problem.  I also know I can't stand the sounds of the dude birthing something in the background where a proper solo should be. maybe it's just me not understanding the genre of music - maybe grunting and weird sounds are normal?

General feedback is appreciated. This is all about learning and trying to get better for me so I appreciate whatever folks can offer.

I really like what you've done to the synths! The distortion is exactly where i think it need to be.
Overall the mix could have some more low-end (bass, kick) and hi-end (guitar, vocals) extension for my taste, it sounds rather mid-focussed.
The climax gets build up very neatly in your mix. Something I'm missing in some of the mixes here.
The snare is not my thing - for me sounds undynamic and washy - is it a sample?
I had a laugh on your comment about the singer giving birth  Big Grin . Coming from a Band that also served this kind of genre-mix (stoner/indie/blues) I'd say weird background noises in such alternative genres are prevalent, but not to this extent. The Original mix even ditched a part of the solo melody to bring the gruntings in the foreground - i can't comprehend it either.

Best regards,
Nice Duck