Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Angels in Amplifiers - "I'm Alright" My mix
This is my 3rd song this week. I'm on a roll LOL.
I "borrowed" a creative technique on this song from andreybenassi and used a bandpass filter on part of the vocal. I really enjoyed working on this song. It kinda remided me of Rob Thomas and Carlos Santana. I hope I didn't butcher it too bad.
As always, feedback/suggestions for improvement welcomed.
Thanks for listening.

.mp3    I\'m Alright.mp3 --  (Download: 6.89 MB)

(04-03-2021, 12:14 AM)Scooter Trash Wrote: This is my 3rd song this week. I'm on a roll LOL.
I "borrowed" a creative technique on this song from andreybenassi and used a bandpass filter on part of the vocal. I really enjoyed working on this song. It kinda remided me of Rob Thomas and Carlos Santana. I hope I didn't butcher it too bad.
Thanks for listening.
3 songs per week is excelent! 

I would give some suggestions!

The first and only thing at the moment, I would really give a look at the mixbus or mastering process, there's some distortion happening that it's not really pleasing to me, looks like you nailed the balance, context, but this kinda distortion may be masking all your work!
You can contact me for professional jobs, editing, mixing & mastering, mixing classes!
Would be a pleasure to work with you!
[email protected]
(04-03-2021, 03:41 PM)andreybenassi Wrote:
(04-03-2021, 12:14 AM)Scooter Trash Wrote: This is my 3rd song this week. I'm on a roll LOL.
Thanks for listening.
3 songs per week is excelent! 

I would give some suggestions!

The first and only thing at the moment, I would really give a look at the mixbus or mastering process, there's some distortion happening that it's not really pleasing to me, looks like you nailed the balance, context, but this kinda distortion may be masking all your work!
Thank you! 
I'll check the gain structure, and swap out some plugins and see if I can figure it out. Is it a resonant thing, like tube harmonics? Or is it like tube distortion? Or is it more like clipping?
I think he may be talking about the overheads, they have a bright fuzz to them, maybe from an exciter or something. I think its personal preference, I personally like it, but it maybe a little to loud is all.

I do hear some peaking at 2.4KHz, nothing to crazy, but I think the guitars are hot in this region if I remember correctly.

I dont hear any distortion or clipping

Overall this mix is BA, awesome work on this one