Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Blues Bastards - Lights Out (Mix and Master)
Hi guys here is my attempt, happy mixes to everyone!!!!
cheers!!!!

.mp3    Blues Bastards - Lights Out.mp3 --  (Download: 8.42 MB)

(06-03-2021, 09:21 PM)dna mx Wrote: Hi guys here is my attempt, happy mixes to everyone!!!!
cheers!!!!
The balance of the tracks is very good! Nothing i would tweak there.
Overall i think the mix is rather on the bright side, mostly with high mids. If you want to counteract this, i'd recommend to boost the high end instead of the high mids, but i'd leave the overheads as is in regards to eq , they have a sound like shattering glass that i really like. What have you done to the overheads? The volume of the reverbs is good to, nothing sounds wrong here, it's on when it needs to be and reserved when it would be too much.

Regards,
Nice Duck
Thank you NiceDuck for the feedback, maybe sounds too bright because the headphones I use are not very responsive in that area but I'll consider this in the future,

"What have you done to the overheads?"

I used a compressor for ducking when the toms hits, an eq cutting at 160 Hz and last a fabfilter saturn, with a cross frequency on 2200 hz, the lower band is doing nothing (is bypassed actually) and the higher band is using the "clean tube" saturation, drive at 48%, the other parameters are untouched.

Thank you again NiceDuck for your time, your lintening and your feedback.
Cheers!!!
Nice, didn't expect that. I'd normally do something similar to this to the toms but never tried it on overheads. I admire the Fabfilter Saturn, always seems to produce great results, I'm thinking about getting this plugin, too.
Regards,
Nice Duck