Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Geometría Chicken - Tubos De Cristal [Andrey Benassi Mix]
(02-03-2021, 12:33 AM)RoyM Wrote:
(01-03-2021, 11:15 PM)mik123 Wrote:
(01-03-2021, 06:30 PM)andreybenassi Wrote: Hello guys, I work as mixing engineer, would be great to know your toughts.
Don't be rude, just let's talk about mixing and music!

Well, this song was kinda hard to mix I have to admit, doesnt feels right to me yet but I have admit some limitations related to experience with my personal taste in mixing vs what the songs needs, to me, sounds like doesnt fit but sounds okay. 

Tbh, I don't know exactly if it was due to my limitation, my style or simply because the song didn't suit me.
I tend to have a cleaner approach in the mix due to the jobs I have taken, they need this, so jobs that need more of organic, indie or vintage vibe I end up having a little difficulty in adapting, but I'm here to improve this, let me know what you think?

If you wanna my feedback in your mix, just comment here if you want to, I will be trying to give feedback to anyone who is interested. 

Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nbxp_K7h...e=youtu.be

A couple of questions that I also ask myself!

Is my mix comparable to world production?
If not, why not?
Would you pay for this mix as an author?
If not, why not?

I think you know the answers to all the questions.

I like your attitude to the subject, but that's not enough.

Use reference tracks, analyze them and use this for your mixes.
I don't think I can give you better advice.

Instead of analyzing your mix, I can only say that you didn’t do your job well.

In my humble opinion, you have very great potential, but too little self-criticism!

All the best.

Robert

Google translate
Meh, I'll admit I've been a bit hard on Andrey too in the past and I get that labeling oneself as [ProMixer] opens oneself to a lot of extra scrutiny and as it should be. That's all fine. But this post isn't really talking about the mix at all. It's overall meaningless and a waste of time. If there are concrete issues with the mix you can refer to than do so so we can learn from it. I say this as someone who hasn't listened to the mix yet. Might suck, I doubt it though. But if it does or if it's great or whatever point to why.

My post, in my opinion, talks about the mix significantly more than you think. A smart person will be able to read and appreciate this. There is only one flaw in the mix. It’s not good and could be better. How much is the mix wrong? So much so that it is necessary to start from the beginning without mentioning all the mistakes in it. The author certainly has enough technical knowledge.

Google translate
Oh. Ok. Lol