Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Geometría Chicken - Tubos De Cristal [Andrey Benassi Mix]
Hello guys, I work as mixing engineer, would be great to know your toughts.
Don't be rude, just let's talk about mixing and music!

Well, this song was kinda hard to mix I have to admit, doesnt feels right to me yet but I have admit some limitations related to experience with my personal taste in mixing vs what the songs needs, to me, sounds like doesnt fit but sounds okay. 

Tbh, I don't know exactly if it was due to my limitation, my style or simply because the song didn't suit me.
I tend to have a cleaner approach in the mix due to the jobs I have taken, they need this, so jobs that need more of organic, indie or vintage vibe I end up having a little difficulty in adapting, but I'm here to improve this, let me know what you think?

If you wanna my feedback in your mix, just comment here if you want to, I will be trying to give feedback to anyone who is interested. 

Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nbxp_K7h...e=youtu.be

.mp3    Geometria Chicken - Tudos De Cristal ANDREY BENASSI MIX V2.mp3 --  (Download: 11.73 MB)

You can contact me for professional jobs, editing, mixing & mastering, mixing classes!
Would be a pleasure to work with you!
[email protected]
(01-03-2021, 06:30 PM)andreybenassi Wrote: Hello guys, I work as mixing engineer, would be great to know your toughts.

Well, this song was kinda hard to mix I have to admit, doesnt feels right to me yet but I have admit some limitations related to experience with my personal taste in mixing vs what the songs needs, to me, sounds like doesnt fit but sounds okay. 

Tbh, I don't know exactly if it was due to my limitation, my style or simply because the song didn't suit me.
I tend to have a cleaner approach in the mix due to the jobs I have taken, they need this, so jobs that need more of organic, indie or vintage vibe I end up having a little difficulty in adapting, but I'm here to improve this, let me know what you think?

If you wanna my feedback in your mix, just comment here if you want to, I will be trying to give feedback to anyone who is interested. 

A couple of questions that I also ask myself!

Is my mix comparable to world production?
If not, why not?
Would you pay for this mix as an author?
If not, why not?

I think you know the answers to all the questions.

I like your attitude to the subject, but that's not enough.

Use reference tracks, analyze them and use this for your mixes.
I don't think I can give you better advice.

Instead of analyzing your mix, I can only say that you didn’t do your job well.

In my humble opinion, you have very great potential, but too little self-criticism!

All the best.

Robert

Google translate
(01-03-2021, 11:15 PM)mik123 Wrote:
(01-03-2021, 06:30 PM)andreybenassi Wrote: Hello guys, I work as mixing engineer, would be great to know your toughts.

If not, why not?
If not, why not?

In my humble opinion, you have very great potential, but too little self-criticism!

All the best.

Robert

Google translate
I appreciate your feedback.
Didn't understand the "google translate" things but ok... If it's about my english, well, it isn't my native language.

My opinion is that I would pay for my mix, for sure, I think my mix sounds okay but it doesn't fit 100% the vibe, something is missing and here I am to have some feedback from another people that can listen to it with fresh ears.

We are here to learn as well, this is kind of a song I'm not used to mix.
Give it a try, download de multitracks and mix it (if you didn't)  and let's talk about this song a bit, it will be nice... 

Cheers
You can contact me for professional jobs, editing, mixing & mastering, mixing classes!
[email protected]

If not, why not?
If not, why not?

All the best.

Robert

Google translate
Meh, I'll admit I've been a bit hard on Andrey too in the past and I get that labeling oneself as [ProMixer] opens oneself to a lot of extra scrutiny and as it should be. That's all fine. But this post isn't really talking about the mix at all. It's overall meaningless and a waste of time. If there are concrete issues with the mix you can refer to than do so so we can learn from it. I say this as someone who hasn't listened to the mix yet. Might suck, I doubt it though. But if it does or if it's great or whatever point to why.
The mix is fine. I think it could hit harder when the band comes in. It feels like the guitars favor the right side too much.. Especially in the sections before the vocals. It could use more bass guitar. The song is 'airy' with a lot of parts playing in the upper mids and the song needs more of an anchor from the bass. I didn't hate anything. It all works.
I really like this mix i actually really enjoyed it from start to finish .Credit where credit is due and its due here as far as im concerned .Great work mate .Its a lot of work to make this track sound anything, I know because i had a mix myself .I'm afraid a lot of nonsense is talked on the site pretty often that we have to take with a pinch of salt.
(02-03-2021, 12:40 AM)RoyM Wrote: The mix is fine. I think it could hit harder when the band comes in. It feels like the guitars favor the right side too much.. Especially in the sections before the vocals. It could use more bass guitar. The song is 'airy' with a lot of parts playing in the upper mids and the song needs more of an anchor from the bass. I didn't hate anything. It all works.
Thanks RoyM!
You're right, the guitars feels like it favor to the right, yeah, I now exactly what made me leave like this! I would change it.

Yeah, the Kick + Bass was the hardest thing to get it to sound decent... I would use more lowmid in the bass, but dude... I don't know why it sounds bad when I leave where I generally like... Including the subs on the bass, I would but a little more, but some kind of inconstancy from the player itself doesnt fit to me, again, I don't know if t's my approach, if its the track, or just my way of listen to things...
Sure you're right, actually, I would bring back the highs a bit, sounds like would be cool to have more "warm" vibe.

Thanks!
[email protected]
(02-03-2021, 07:03 AM)takka360 Wrote: I really like this mix i actually really enjoyed it from start to finish .Credit where credit is due and its due here as far as im concerned  .Great work mate .Its a lot of work to make this track sound anything, I know because i had a mix myself .I'm afraid a lot of nonsense is talked on the site pretty  often that we have to take with a pinch of salt.
Yeah, It's the hardest I've mixed yet... For sure!

Thanks for the feedback!
[email protected]
(02-03-2021, 12:08 AM)andreybenassi Wrote:

If not, why not?
If not, why not?

All the best.

Robert

Google translate

Didn't understand the "google translate" things but ok... If it's about my english, well, it isn't my native language.

Sorry for the misunderstanding. Google translate means that I use it to write my messages.
(02-03-2021, 07:03 AM)takka360 Wrote: I'm afraid a lot of nonsense is talked on the site pretty  often that we have to take with a pinch of salt.

I can't tell you how much I agree with you.  [Image: confused.gif]