Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Voelund: 'Comfort Lives In Belief
my mlx

.mp3    comfort.mp3 --  (Download: 3.04 MB)

Interesting modulation effect on the guitar. Would you care to tell what it is ?
The kick has a lot of weight, maybe a tad too much for my taste. Then again I know you love a good deep kick and the mix should reflect our own preferences.
That modulation gives the solo a cool effect.
Maybe you could create some additional effect in solo by combinin what you have with phrases without that effect, from the 2 extra guitar tracks (to comp from 1 and2)
The acoustics could be a little louder, but the blend is good and sounds natural. The more I hear it I understand the kick lvl. Thank you for this version of my song !
Old ears, old gear, little boy inside love music and sounds and my wife, not necessarily in that order
Hi,i love this track and really enjoyed mixing it, took me about 2 ish hours i love everything about it its a bit Lou reed ish.
Just chorus on the guitar with very light flange going on.I was listening to some CLA mixes just before i mixed the track and all massive kicks
so that inspired me to give a kick like that i was trying to get the track as modern sounding as poss.
I always mix acoustics at that level i like to sort of know they are there but just filling .
Glad you like it. Thank you - Lou Reed - yah :-)
Just for the fun - do you know who invented the word "flanging" - John Lennon did, as they were doin the automatic doubletrack thing, (ADT) someone touched the flange of the extra tape machine, thus slowing it down and they all stared at each other saying "what was that sound ?"
So in the age of psychedelic it became very standard procedure havin an extra tapemachine and someone hand flangin it.
Old ears, old gear, little boy inside love music and sounds and my wife, not necessarily in that order
Yes also like slap echo buy stretching the tape from the reel around a mic stand lots of these things was discovered by playing around.
Tape loops you mean ;-)
Slap echo came natural by sendin the playback heads audio to the record head, the length of ghe echo depended on the distance between the heads abd the tape speed.

Tape loops were used a lot too. 10cc made Im not in love by loopin some 24 sung notes and runnin it through the console, makin chords by turnin the right faders up and down and recordin it to 2 track. Very inventive.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0argtn0HNE0
This is how its done
Lol. Very cool collection of gear and cool sound too.
Its a dream havin acces to such fine gear but Im pretty happy with my old mac and the UAD emulations of the LA 2a and 1176 and pulteq.
Some think they will make better music using this preamp and this compressor mixin on that desk

I think the real important things are the song, the performance and the recording and mix engineer
The rest is icin on the cake.