Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Amy Helm & The Handsome Strangers - Rescue Me
Hi,
Thought I'd give it a go.
Cheers!

Edit: I think I'm finding this kind of harsh sounding... going to have to give it another go sometime.

Update: Added mix 2.0.  Might have yet another go at it later.

.mp3    Amy Helm And The Handsome Strangers - Rescue Me.mp3 --  (Download: 9.89 MB)

.mp3    Amy Helm And The Handsome Strangers - Rescue Me 2.0.mp3 --  (Download: 9.89 MB)

Just uploaded a mix/master?  Waiting for comments? Why not give back and critique a mix/master, or two!
Added mix 2.0. Might have yet another go at it later.

Cheers!
Just uploaded a mix/master?  Waiting for comments? Why not give back and critique a mix/master, or two!
(01-03-2021, 03:11 PM)mikej Wrote: Added mix 2.0.  Might have yet another go at it later.

Cheers!
Great sounding mix.You seem to be good with your vox processing I've noticed
Great work indeed. Tiny gripe i think the kick could be a bit more solid its slightly chubby to my ears.
Maybe its more the bass because the kick starts sounding better towards the end when the bass eases up
Its hard to hear but it could be a combination build up of the guitar and bass causing it ,masking the kick in places
Hi!

Thanks for the listen.

Yeah you are right about the kick. The bass can come back a touch I think, or something, it maybe is the bass that is a touch too punchy and a bit bloaty. Might have been a bit shy with the highpass filter on the other elements too. Think I was trying too hard not to overprocess things this time, and have under done it a bit.

I'll have a go at trying to tighten up the kick and bass, and clean up that low-low-mid area. It's tough but fun this track. I'm learning quite a bit with this one.

Cheers!