Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
excerpt of mix so far
a portion of the mix in progress. feedback/comments welcome.

.mp3    8_session.mp3 --  (Download: 2.04 MB)

Feels good for a start. The main thing that jumps out at me are the vocals. They'e a bit in the back behind the guitars and drums. The effects too, might be blurring them. Another thing to keep an eye (ear) on is the snare/guitar sound. The snare tone is blending in with some of the guitars. Maybe less bottom snare mic?
(24-02-2021, 01:20 PM)RoyM Wrote: Feels good for a start. The main thing that jumps out at me are the vocals. They'e a bit in the back behind the guitars and drums. The effects too, might be blurring them. Another thing to keep an eye (ear) on is the snare/guitar sound. The snare tone is blending in with some of the guitars. Maybe less bottom snare mic?
good observation here Roy. I agree the effects need some blending adjustments and yes the snare I am not satisfied with. tone is the right word maybe if i brighten it a bit.
I agree with the vocals that are too much behind.
Overall I think there is too much highs and not enough lows. I had the same problem at first, and boosting around 200Hz on the guitars helped. Let me know if it works for you !