Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 2.86 Average
Catfolkin - O Di A La Barretina [Andrey Benassi Mix]
Hello guys, I work as mixing engineer, would be great to know your toughts.

Don't be rude, just let's talk about mixing and music!

About 3 hours mixing, mixed to sound like almost a metal mix, never mixed song like this, so much fun! Lalalala! hahahaha!

Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i5OK2CPxKF8

Cheers!

.mp3    CATFOLKIN - ANDREY BENASSI MIX.mp3 --  (Download: 10.56 MB)

You can contact me for professional jobs, editing, mixing & mastering, mixing classes!
Would be a pleasure to work with you!
[email protected]
Hi Andrey!
Incredible Mix!! Really good job. The song becomes a metal folk sound and we love it!
Thank you very much for mixing our music. You can read more of us at https://www.instagram.com/catfolkin/
or you can listen our new album on spotify.
Cheers

Pep (Guitar on Catfolkin)
Pep from Pepus Estudi
Bus-Comp Warm-Audio, Focal Alpha 80, Klark Teknik 76-KT, Klark Teknik EQP-KT, Focusrite Scarlett 18i20, X Touch One Behringer, Arturia MiniLab mkII, 
Mackie Big Knob, Sonarworks SoundID Reference,
Cakewalk by Bandlab
(23-02-2021, 09:50 AM)supep Wrote: Hi Andrey!
Incredible Mix!! Really good job. The song becomes a metal folk sound and we love it!
Thank you very much for mixing our music. You can read more of us at https://www.instagram.com/catfolkin/
or you can listen our new album on spotify.
Cheers

Pep (Guitar on Catfolkin)
Thanks buddy! So nice to hear!
Cheers!
You can contact me for professional jobs, editing, mixing & mastering, mixing classes!
[email protected]
Great job! Nothing wrong with this, sure you could change things to preference but it all sounds great to me and an enjoyable musical style to listen to!
(23-02-2021, 12:25 PM)jlawford Wrote: Great job! Nothing wrong with this, sure you could change things to preference but it all sounds great to me and an enjoyable musical style to listen to!
Thats great to hear it!

C'mon, what would you change it? Would be nice to hear some artistic feedback
[email protected]
Great mix. Really love the clarity on it.
(25-02-2021, 08:25 AM)Shul Wrote: Great mix. Really love the clarity on it.
Thanks man! I really appreciate it!
[email protected]
great mix ! maybe a little "too metal" for this song but still sound BIG !!!!

keep the faders UUUUUP man !
(26-02-2021, 11:09 AM)tato Wrote: great mix ! maybe a little "too metal" for this song but still sound BIG !!!!

keep the faders UUUUUP man !
I agree, It's was too metal, I think it would sound better with kinda "natural" drums isn't?

Thanks for the feedback! Lets keep the faders up!!!
[email protected]
(26-02-2021, 02:12 PM)Mammy Wrote: Instruments and vocal seems so deep .You use too much reverb I think .Like the concert hall athmosphere.Some low mid frequencies make muddy your mix .( (about 200 -600 hz )Guitars could be more edgy and clear .Your kick's sub frequencies pumping and maybe it causes muddiness.You need some clarity and energy .In general your mix is good .Hope that helps.
Thanks for the feedback, Mammy!
[email protected]