Thread Rating:
  • 8 Vote(s) - 2.88 Average
Blue Bastards - Lights Out
I was waiting for Monk to chime in with his two bobs worth.  There would be issues with the tonal balance, loudness and dynamics if it were just silence.
Nice mix buddy!
I liked it a lot! Liked the snare dark sound! I just put a mix in the forum but I can´t compare with you guys. Didn´t use automation. Is it necessary in this song?
(15-03-2021, 03:28 PM)Big Alex Wrote: I liked it a lot! Liked the snare dark sound! I just put a mix in the forum but I can´t compare with you guys. Didn´t use automation. Is it necessary in this song?
Oh, nice! Thanks my friend!
Automation is useful in a lot of ways, I use in every mix and it's my way of mix, there's no rule.
Use automation to show interest in the music, you can use to show details of the arrangment, to makes the song grow and add impact if it needs.
Sometimes the "static balance" doesnt work, for example in this song, the vocals, in the chorus we can make it sound right, but maybe in the intro as we don't have too much instruments, It can be useful to do some automation in the vocals to bring it at the same spot as the guitars, you know what I mean? Let's make things play together!

I will do some feedback to your mix to see if I can help you.
You can contact me for professional jobs, editing, mixing & mastering, mixing classes!
Would be a pleasure to work with you!
[email protected]
Any ideas on where I might find someone who can  do professional jobs, editing, mixing & mastering, mixing classes?
Mixing is way more art and soul than science. ~ E.K.
(26-03-2021, 03:44 AM)tgraph Wrote: Any ideas on where I might find someone who can  do professional jobs, editing, mixing & mastering, mixing classes?
Me!  Smile
You can contact me for professional jobs, editing, mixing & mastering, mixing classes!
[email protected]
I just listened to the whole mix and am wondering why it seems you're afraid to let the guitars do their thing when it's pretty obviously a guitar arrangement.

My $.02.
Mixing is way more art and soul than science. ~ E.K.
(27-03-2021, 02:34 AM)tgraph Wrote: I just listened to the whole mix and am wondering why it seems you're afraid to let the guitars do their thing when it's pretty obviously a guitar arrangement.

My $.02.
Hahahaha, that's okay. If I understanded you correctly, $.02 it is worth your opinion, right?.  Tongue
[email protected]
Ok guys. I get it but this is just getting stupid and boring. If you have an issue with Andrey or whoever then ignore them or report them and move on. Post mixes and critiques and stop troll and ego baiting. No one benefits from it besides the troll and narcissists. Take to PMs if need be but let's keep the forms lean and on point.

E: At the moment no one is being 'professional'