Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trivul - Widow - Cefe's Mix
My attempt at this one. Hope you like it. All your comments and suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks for listening.
Cheers

.mp3    Cefe\'s mix - Trivul - Widow.mp3 --  (Download: 8.7 MB)

I really liked your little intro. I tried to pull off something similar but failed, so I kept the original. This seems (to me) like a decent mix overall but without any emphasis on anything. By this I mean that, for example, much of your sounds are right in my face, except the bg choir which is quite far away. Personally I didnt like the synths and clav very much, so I eq,d them a lot and smoothed them out. As for the choir, I think its the strongest part of the whole song, and I really liked them, so I tried to make them appear right in your face.

I like how the lead vocal sounds but sometimes it feels like it doesnt have the strong backup it should have. Theres also some very strong delay that kinda becomes blurry at around 1:15.

With this said: Bear in mind that Im a complete newbie, so listen to the stuff you agree with, ignore the stuff you dont. Experienced or not; if it sounds good, its sounds good!
Thanks for your comments. I think I agree with you about that the song doesnt have clear dynamics for the different sections. I'm really new at mixing as well, so learning everyday here. I wish I had more time to spend mixing and in this forum!

Good that you say the sounds are right in your face because they actually have a good amount of reverb. I was always over doing my reverbs so if this time they weren't overwhelming, that's good news for me!

When you said the vocals "doesnt have the strong backup it should have" do you mean more reverb? short delay? that kind of thing?

I will keep in mind your comments for my next mix. Good to hear the balance was right though!

Cheers