Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jackie Greene – Don't Let The Devil Take Your Mind – Challenging Live Recording
Generally a decent mix. There is a thumpiness to the drums and bass which feels awkward to me and the extreme panning of the guitars feels out of place leaving a pretty big hole in the middle of your mix. I am also missing the organ in places. That's a tricky one as it changes level mid-way through the song. The lead vocal seems to be disjointed from the 'live' feel of the rest of the ensemble and at times even pokes out farther than it already does. I am a bit confused at the lead guitar solo level. It is depressed below the ensemble part of the same guitar. Since you are unfamiliar with mixing live recordings, did you listen to any reference tracks before attempting this mix? I listened to a few of your other mixes on here, and in particular, Amy Helm. In that mix your vocals are highly disjointed from the mix and your background vocals almost non-existent. Sometimes the cohesion of an ensemble is referred to a glue. I think you need a bit more glue in your mix. Your tones are generally good. I think another pass might help you to bring a more cohesive picture of this performance into focus.
PreSonus Studio One DAW
[email protected]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Jackie Greene – Don't Let The Devil Take Your Mind – Challenging Live Recording - by Mixinthecloud - 18-02-2021, 06:05 PM