Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Colton Benjamin - 21 Grams [Pro Mixer]
(21-02-2021, 08:57 PM)roxa Wrote: Dear RoyM,

I do not agree with your opinion - judging by your mixes that I've heard off -  You are in the start phase of learning the mixing process. Keep going though.

Br Piotr
Lol. Ok. Thanks man, I'll keep at it!
"There were too many of us, we had access to too much equipment, too much money, and little by little we went insane."
(21-02-2021, 07:00 PM)andreybenassi Wrote:
(21-02-2021, 06:27 PM)SonicTramp Wrote: Sounds good, man. Very clean mix, a bit too clean for my taste but still good. It takes the magic juice out of the mix, imo. Did you use samples for the drums, sounds familiar to me but can never tell for sure. Cheers!
Thanks dude! I really appreciate your feedback! I agree with you at some point!
I did not used any additional samples, actually, the drums were full sampled, it looks like is Addictive Drums to me!
Cheers!
*No problem! If you didn't use any additional samples, then your kick and snare sound damn good. I didn't want to say anything about them bc I thought you used samples Smile. No , not really, not quite disrespect but never full respect for sample users. Yeah, man, saying that is to invite a can of worms, but hey, am I not "entitled" to my own opinion? Right?
(21-02-2021, 09:12 PM)SonicTramp Wrote:
(21-02-2021, 07:00 PM)andreybenassi Wrote:
(21-02-2021, 06:27 PM)SonicTramp Wrote: Sounds good, man. Very clean mix, a bit too clean for my taste but still good. It takes the magic juice out of the mix, imo. Did you use samples for the drums, sounds familiar to me but can never tell for sure. Cheers!
Thanks dude! I really appreciate your feedback! I agree with you at some point!
I did not used any additional samples, actually, the drums were full sampled, it looks like is Addictive Drums to me!
Cheers!
*No problem! If you didn't use any additional samples, then your kick and snare sound damn good. I didn't want to say anything about them bc I thought you used samples Smile. No , not really, not quite disrespect but never full respect for sample users. Yeah, man, saying that is to invite a can of worms, but hey, am I not "entitled" to my own opinion? Right?
I have almost the same philosophy, whoever takes a good natural drum sound deserves more respect, but unfortunately this is not just about the mixing engineer, it's extremely difficult to get a production where everything fits with the sound of the drum without having to change the parts, usually the drummer either plays too strong, or too weak, or the tone is terrible! There's almost no miracle in mixing drums to be honest... If the drummer played soft intensity, you can try to add more punch, but it will sound artificial and kind of bizarre and unartificial, here's where samples can gets interesting, changing instrument or blending texture...

But generally, low cost productions with bad recorded drums I put a sample and call it a day, of course looking for the same tonal "intension" intended in the production, and generally works.
You can contact me for professional jobs, editing, mixing & mastering, mixing classes!
Would be a pleasure to work with you!
[email protected]
Sure, bro. "almost" is more than enough already. Glad we didn't start a fight here Smile. I guess you are right. Sometimes we just have to kinda look the other way and sneak that sample in just to get by...in the real world, when we get paid Smile. But right now no one is hiring me yet, so I am under no pressure. I am just here hanging out hoping to learn something to help make my mix better. Well, good luck to you and hopefully I'll see you again in other mixes. Cheers!
(22-02-2021, 01:04 AM)SonicTramp Wrote: Sure, bro. "almost" is more than enough already. Glad we didn't start a fight here Smile. I guess you are right. Sometimes we just have to kinda look the other way and sneak that sample in just to get by...in the real world, when we get paid Smile.  But right now no one is hiring me yet, so I am under no pressure. I am just here hanging out hoping to learn something to help make my mix better. Well, good luck to you and hopefully I'll see you again in other mixes. Cheers!
Hahahah, I almost agreed 100% this time, hahahaha! I'm just kidding!

English is not my native language, I tend to formulate similar phrases because my vocabulary is limited, but at least I think you guys understand! 
My point is just to express myself without start a fight, since mixing and music is subjective... At least I think its working, lol.

Mixing is actualy easy, the hardest part is start to get it to sound good and making the client/band happy with it. Hahaha
You can contact me for professional jobs, editing, mixing & mastering, mixing classes!
Would be a pleasure to work with you!
[email protected]
(22-02-2021, 02:06 AM)andreybenassi Wrote:
(22-02-2021, 01:04 AM)SonicTramp Wrote: Sure, bro. "almost" is more than enough already. Glad we didn't start a fight here Smile. I guess you are right. Sometimes we just have to kinda look the other way and sneak that sample in just to get by...in the real world, when we get paid Smile.  But right now no one is hiring me yet, so I am under no pressure. I am just here hanging out hoping to learn something to help make my mix better. Well, good luck to you and hopefully I'll see you again in other mixes. Cheers!
Hahahah, I almost agreed 100% this time, hahahaha! I'm just kidding!

English is not my native language, I tend to formulate similar phrases because my vocabulary is limited, but at least I think you guys understand! 
My point is just to express myself without start a fight, since mixing and music is subjective... At least I think its working, lol.

Mixing is actualy easy, the hardest part is start to get it to sound good and making the client/band happy with it. Hahaha
* Your English is fine. I am on the internet. They don't call it world-wide-web bc it's confined to a certain people in certain countries speaking a certain language. But I do, occasionally, make that stupid assumption that everybody speaks English. My bad.

There's nothing wrong with being nice and kind. I think it takes a strong person ( or a bigger man, so to speak) to do that actually. It takes me only millisecond to call you names (nasty ones), but I bet it would take more effort from me to say something nice to you. It takes real effort for me to be nicer than I am, bc I am not that nice. So yeah, me too. I want to be the bigger man Smile.
Hi!
Very nice mix
For my taste, the guitar is too much panned to the right. Sometimes I need more warm on low mids. But is only opinion
Good job
Cheers!
Pep from Pepus Estudi
Focal Alpha 80, Presonus Eris E5, Focusrite Scarlett 2i2
X Touch One Behringer, Arturia MiniLab mkII, Mackie Big Knob
Cakewalk by Bandlab (Waves, Fabfilter, Izotope 9,
Lexicon, Slate digital, Soundtoys...)