Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tholas P: 'Such Fine People'
Hi everyone!
Here is my take on this.
has been so long since my last mix...
Hope you enjoy it.
Any comments/suggestions are more than welcome.
Cheers!

.mp3    Such fine peopleV1.mp3 --  (Download: 8.28 MB)

I like your mix a lot. I think your drums work is awesome, especially the snare, very aggressive and fits the song perfectly, imo. A couple things I think i notice: the guitars need to cut thru better and more power. I think you can either HP them a bit more or give them a bit of hi-mid. The vocal can be a bit louder, right now it sounds equal with the instruments but it can be louder without hurting the mix. The whole mix sounds a bit dark to me but I still like it. Cheers!
(19-02-2021, 07:04 AM)SonicTramp Wrote: I like your mix a lot. I think your drums work is awesome, especially the snare, very aggressive and fits the song perfectly, imo. A couple things I think i notice: the guitars need to cut thru better and more power. I think you can either HP them a bit more or give them a bit of hi-mid. The vocal can be a bit louder, right now it sounds equal with the instruments but it can be louder without hurting the mix. The whole mix sounds a bit dark to me but I still like it. Cheers!
Hi!

Thank you very much for the feedback!
I'm glad you liked it.

Regarding the vocal, in this kind of genre i like that the vocalist sits "in the band" and in certain parts even a little buried in the mix to add excitement (in the end for example).

I did not use reference tracks other than their mix. One thing i noticed was that it laked a bit of low-end so i tried to fix that in my mix. Maybe that is why i ended up with a darker mix.

Currently i'm not in my house (where i can give a second listen).

When i can i'll give that second listen and pay attention to the things you mention.

Thanks again
(19-02-2021, 08:18 PM)hobbyist Wrote:
(19-02-2021, 07:04 AM)SonicTramp Wrote: I like your mix a lot. I think your drums work is awesome, especially the snare, very aggressive and fits the song perfectly, imo. A couple things I think i notice: the guitars need to cut thru better and more power. I think you can either HP them a bit more or give them a bit of hi-mid. The vocal can be a bit louder, right now it sounds equal with the instruments but it can be louder without hurting the mix. The whole mix sounds a bit dark to me but I still like it. Cheers!
Hi!

Thank you very much for the feedback!
I'm glad you liked it.
Thanks again
* Sure, np. I suspected the vocal is a bit low bc of the genre. But I thought I should mention it just to make sure. But now I know your intention, and it's all good. And, please, don't pay too much attention to my critiques. That's just how it translates to me, others may not feel the same.
Yeah, keep trying. Put it up here and if I have time I will take a listen. I like listening to others' works; I learn a lot that way too. Thanks. Cheers!