Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Guarna: 'Ancora Qui'
Hey yall, 
This is an interesting song to mix. I've never had to mix a song where I didn't know the language (Spanish is my second language). I feel like it was hard to know how intelligible the vocals were - especially in the BVs. 
Any feedback on this would be appreciated. I've heard other mixes for this song and everyone has gone and done good mixes in my opinion.

.mp3    Guarna_AncoraQui Mix1.mp3 --  (Download: 8.91 MB)

:: Newest Mix ::
Crucial Taunt

Other Mixes
Hey Saint, i like this mix its really good. I made a way over the top mix so not judging by my own mix but i think this one was smooth. I heard the intro synth was a bit noisy in the highend from some highendboosting, i used some expanders to get that synth louder, to reduce the noise vs peak lvl ratios. Well done on this one.
(13-02-2021, 01:38 PM)crownoise Wrote: Hey Saint, i like this mix its really good. I made a way over the top mix so not judging by my own mix but i think this one was smooth. I heard the intro synth was a bit noisy in the highend from some highendboosting, i used some expanders to get that synth louder, to reduce the noise vs peak lvl ratios. Well done on this one.
You and I were on the same page on this one. I ended up rolling off the high end a lot on the piano as well and putting a resonate filter on it to give it more of a lofi intro before the vocals. 

Thanks for the feedback brov. Means a lot.
Crucial Taunt

Other Mixes
You've awfully accentuated the nasal noise of the lead vocal (you can hear it the most on the intro), overall it's also too stereo for the lead, you can hear the singer breath on the right ear then going back to the center sometimes.
(14-02-2021, 06:04 PM)EarWeGo Wrote: You've awfully accentuated the nasal noise of the lead vocal (you can hear it the most on the intro), overall it's also too stereo for the lead, you can hear the singer breath on the right ear then going back to the center sometimes.
Hi there. Thanks for the comments there, really appreciate the time you've taken. In regards to the nasal tone, this was intentional. I re-amped the vocal into a guitar cabinet and mixed it in with the dry. It really brings a present and resonant tone into the vocal to make it sound different and a bit weird. I learnt the trick at the studio I work at. I like it, but I understand it isn't for everyone.
Crucial Taunt

Other Mixes
(15-02-2021, 04:03 AM)Saint Wrote:
(14-02-2021, 06:04 PM)EarWeGo Wrote: You've awfully accentuated the nasal noise of the lead vocal (you can hear it the most on the intro), overall it's also too stereo for the lead, you can hear the singer breath on the right ear then going back to the center sometimes.
Hi there. Thanks for the comments there, really appreciate the time you've taken. In regards to the nasal tone, this was intentional. I re-amped the vocal into a guitar cabinet and mixed it in with the dry. It really brings a present and resonant tone into the vocal to make it sound different and a bit weird. I learnt the trick at the studio I work at. I like it, but I understand it isn't for everyone.

Maybe you didn't understand what I was referring to, the dry vocal track of the lead singer has some nasty noise coming from the nose cavity of the singer, and it's really horrible to hear by definition, it's a flaw, and in your mix you've make it even more hearable, so that's not a problem of adding harmonic or changing tone nor taste.
(15-02-2021, 02:04 PM)EarWeGo Wrote:
(15-02-2021, 04:03 AM)Saint Wrote:

Maybe you didn't understand what I was referring to, the dry vocal track of the lead singer has some nasty noise coming from the nose cavity of the singer, and it's really horrible to hear by definition, it's a flaw, and in your mix you've make it even more hearable, so that's not a problem of adding harmonic or changing tone nor taste.
Fair enough
Crucial Taunt

Other Mixes