Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sailor once more
Really enjoyed this track, i did think i would hate the bag pipes at first, but now i kind of love them lol
Anyways, this is a quick static mix, any feedback much appreciated

.mp3    GlenMcPhee.mp3 --  (Download: 7.75 MB)

.mp3    GlenMcPhee v2.mp3 --  (Download: 7.75 MB)

I like it. A little more polishing should make the mix shine. The only things I think I can say: strumming guitar can be a bit cleaner, a little deeper on the HP should do; you're safe from 82Hz on. There is no useful info on the guitar under that. The e-guitar is nice but a bit stiff (FX can soften it up and add some movements to it). The bagpipe is nice. The vocal should have a bit more top end to help it dominate. I think you should pay some attention to the back-front of instruments too. Right now, they seem to be mostly in the front. A bit more depth will help your mix translate much better, imo. Cheers!
(13-02-2021, 03:34 AM)SonicTramp Wrote: I like it. A little more polishing should make the mix shine. The only things I think I can say: strumming guitar can be a bit cleaner, a little deeper on the HP should do; you're safe from 82Hz on. There is no useful info on the guitar under that. The e-guitar is nice but a bit stiff (FX can soften it up and add some movements to it). The bagpipe is nice. The vocal should have a bit more top end to help it dominate. I think you should pay some attention to the back-front of instruments too. Right now, they seem to be mostly in the front. A bit more depth will help your mix translate much better, imo. Cheers!
Thank you soo much for the feedback, I have made some updates based on your excellent suggestions and uploaded a v2 mix