Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Girls Under Glass - We Feel Alright
Hi all!
This is my first attempt at posting on this forum, so please forgive me if I mess things up.

A little intro of my self is appropriate, I guess, but I can't figure much out that possible can be of interest to you. I'm someone that does something completley diffrent than this for a living. I'm only mixing as a recreational hobby and I'm not aiming any higher than having a good time. That way I can pick projects that are interesting to me and just relax. I'm still willing to develop to keep it interesting, so any hints is greatly appreciated!

This song; This was kind of a hard one, but none the less a fun one. I've played a little with the intro making a rearrangement of the piano.
I've used Studio one 5, mostly stock plugins. Ozone 9 to master.

What do you think?

/Rec

.mp3    Girls Under Glass - We Feel Alright.mp3 --  (Download: 12.09 MB)

That's a nice one! Your approach of emphasizing the "disco" element over the guitars is different from all the other mixes I heard so far. I must say it's very energetic! Really driving the song along.
What you did to the intro doesn't work too well for me though. Without the piano the guitar is building up a tension that gets satisfyingly released when the drums etc kick in. Your intro has far less tension and anticipation, and so the satisfaction is also far less. Just my 2 cents.
Biggest critique: The vocals are totally submerged. I think they should have a lot more presence to go with the high energy of your mix. They sound like a background filler in your mix. Almost disappear.
That being said, good job all in all