Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Glen McPhee - A Sailor Once More
Feedback appreciated!

Thanks! Smile

.mp3    GlenMcPhee_ASailorOnceMore.mp3 --  (Download: 7.74 MB)

I like your mix. Nice work on the drums. I think you can work on the strumming guitar to get rid of the low mid which, I think, is holding the vocal back and making the whole mix less clear. The low mid from the guitar also keeps it from bouncing, smearing its articulation bc it takes longer for the sustain to die out (considering how fast the strumming is). I also think the piano is a bit loud in relation to the guitar strumming. The drive of this song relies on the strumming guitar more than the rest, imo. Maybe bring the "percs" up a bit. I can hardly hear them. Other than that I think your mix is super nice. Cheers!
(09-02-2021, 09:12 PM)SonicTramp Wrote: I like your mix. Nice work on the drums. I think you can work on the strumming guitar to get rid of the low mid which, I think, is holding the vocal back and making the whole mix less clear. The low mid from the guitar also keeps it from bouncing, smearing its articulation bc it takes longer for the sustain to die out (considering how fast the strumming is). I also think the piano is a bit loud in relation to the guitar strumming. The drive of this song relies on the strumming guitar more than the rest, imo. Maybe bring the "percs" up a bit. I can hardly hear them. Other than that I think your mix is super nice. Cheers!
Thanks for your advice! I have changed my mix based on your feedback. Let me know what you think!

.mp3    GlenMcPhee_ASailorOnceMore_V2.mp3 --  (Download: 7.74 MB)