Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Siren
Thanks for the listen and any feedback.

.mp3    Siren.mp3 --  (Download: 16.35 MB)

To mix or not to mix ... mix!
sounds great, man! I think the balance between the instruments vs. the voice might be a tick skewed in favor of the instruments, and the bass/kick could up a teeny bit, maybe? the guitars sound really good spread out the way you've got them, and the build up with the SFX around 4:30 is effective for me! I also love the supportive role you've given to the electric guitars... my initial instinct was to make them more of a focus, but this is inspiring to me.

great work!
I'm grateful for comments and suggestions. Thank you for listening!
I agree - sounds great! You've mixed the acoustics up further than I did which gives a bit more energy to the rhythm which I liked… The snare is a bit brighter than mine which helps it to stand out in the mix… That line "help me to show you" has really annoying T's on the word "to" which stick out a bit - that'd be my only suggestion!
Again, great job!
Dave
Another fine mix of this.
What the others said and just for the fun of it try mutin elgtr 2 I think it is. It plays major chords when rest play minor and it distracts listening.
Old ears, old gear, little boy inside love music and sounds and my wife, not necessarily in that order
Nice sounding mix Big Grin !

Please Help Mike Keep This Awesome Educational Site Alive And Become A patron !
https://www.patreon.com/CambridgeMT/posts

Would like to hear a tad more bottom.(less filter on the master maybe?)
Good mix I think he snare could come down a tad, acoustics sound good.
Nice job keep up the good work
great mix here, Bob! I love it!!
mixing since April 2013
(23-01-2014, 03:31 AM)Voelund Wrote: Another fine mix of this.
What the others said and just for the fun of it try mutin elgtr 2 I think it is. It plays major chords when rest play minor and it distracts listening.
I read this when I started mixing this track and it helped a lot, because I knew something wasn't right somewhere and this led me right to it!

If you like that guitar track otherwise, you could also handle that with a really narrow notch at the major thirds frequency along with the following 2 harmonic frequencies, which are that frequency times 2 and that frequency times 4. If the notch is narrow enough I found it didn't effect the tone otherwise in my mix because there are plenty of other acoustics going on at the same time to fill up any gaps Big Grin
I'm grateful for comments and suggestions. Thank you for listening!
Agree, thats a cool trick. I thought of using it, but found there was enough guitar and I didnt need the track.
Thank you for bringin it up !
Old ears, old gear, little boy inside love music and sounds and my wife, not necessarily in that order