Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
A Sailor once more-Glen McPhee
Here is the 2nd version

.mp3    Sailor2.mp3 --  (Download: 7.86 MB)

You need to attach the file to send it first Smile
(08-02-2021, 08:44 AM)crownoise Wrote: You need to attach the file to send it first Smile
hmmm....you onto something here, now I have to come up with an plausible explanation Confused

ok here it goes:   Thank you for your comment, and while I totally agree with you, if I follow your advice, it may ruin everything. (See,... the first time I got some stars - I don't want to loose them)

...on a serious note: Thanks for pointing out!!!
Cheers Bob
Hope I got it right now. One file is the Mix, the other what actually happened.
Thanks for your patient!

.mp3    Sailor-mix.mp3 --  (Download: 7.82 MB)

.mp3    PressIt.mp3 --  (Download: 313.27 KB)

The commentary is A+ haha
Good mix and I like the direction of it! It seems though there is alot of distortion coming through. To me it kind of sounds like a tape emulation pushed way to hard? not sure exactly but I think without the distortion the mix would open up very nicely. Seems certain monitors and headphones can just mask up distorted frequencies so easily. Besides that I think its pretty great! good mix Smile
Hey, it sounds like there is something good underneath the saturation. Vocals are really oversaturated.
I suggest to ease up on the saturation especialy on the viocals.
Cheers!
(09-02-2021, 02:44 AM)401kBC Wrote: The commentary is A+ haha
Good mix and I like the direction of it! It seems though there is alot of distortion coming through. To me it kind of sounds like a tape emulation pushed way to hard? not sure exactly but I think without the distortion the mix would open up very nicely. Seems certain monitors and headphones can just mask up distorted frequencies so easily. Besides that I think its pretty great! good mix Smile
Thanks for your comment - you right.
(09-02-2021, 10:26 AM)letifer85 Wrote: Hey, it sounds like there is something good underneath the saturation. Vocals are really oversaturated.
I suggest to ease up on the saturation especialy on the viocals.
Cheers!
Yes I agree - Hope the 2nd version is better!
(09-02-2021, 02:05 AM)Bobs Audio Wrote:
(08-02-2021, 08:44 AM)crownoise Wrote: You need to attach the file to send it first Smile
hmmm....you onto something here, now I have to come up with an plausible explanation Confused

ok here it goes:   Thank you for your comment, and while I totally agree with you, if I follow your advice, it may ruin everything. (See,... the first time I got some stars - I don't want to loose them)

...on a serious note: Thanks for pointing out!!!
Cheers Bob
Haha love it Big Grin np, the stars are there for ous either way Wink i will listen to your mix and comment!
Hey Bob! New comment! Wink

I like the 2nd version that you got at top. Everything is clean and stale, all instruments are detailed and in context, nothing is to upfront so thats a good thing, very common mistake for beginner mixers in my opinion is to put something way to upfront or in the back. The guitars are very sustainy without to much audible distortion, thats cool. Maybe the master is a bit scooped in 1k are and then rearranged afterwards with some vocal eq boost there?? I think its a good effort so don't want to be to "hars" on this one because its actually quite impressive, even though the entire master is kinda small sort of, think its the tucked in lowend that makes it a bit clamped but that a very nice modern sound. I love the piano you had in the left there, sounds super modern and cool, also nice "thumps" in the bass that pops up here and there (mostly around 2:20 i think), was that automation? Maybe vox could come up a very tiny bit, it gets louder at the end so i guess that it is getting clamped by mastercompressor. Ye nothing to add more then that i think gj Big Grin.