Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Crownoise - A sailor once more
Hi Crownoise, nice Mix you got going! Maybe you could try getting a bit more width by spreading things out in the panorama? And I think the 400 Hz area needs some work too especially on the Vocals. Maybe try using a dynamic EQ if you have one! If you have trouble mixing on headphones I'd give Sonarworks Reference a try. I had them measure my Headphones (the presets are quite good too...) and in combination with something like Waves Nx Oceanway it did wonders for my mixes :-) since at the moment I have no way to mix on speakers :-(
(28-03-2021, 07:41 PM)Devilskater666 Wrote: Hi Crownoise, nice Mix you got going! Maybe you could try getting a bit more width by spreading things out in the panorama? And I think the 400 Hz area needs some work too especially on the Vocals. Maybe try using a dynamic EQ if you have one! If you have trouble mixing on headphones I'd give Sonarworks Reference a try. I had them measure my Headphones (the presets are quite good too...) and in combination with something like Waves Nx Oceanway it did wonders for my mixes :-) since at the moment I have no way to mix on speakers :-(
Hey thanks for the detailed input Devilskater Smile! Yes i thought of the panorama, when its this much going on it can be hard to put everything balanced in the stereospectrum, takes so much time and effort haha! I had some cracked plugs (ops) with some dynamic eq's and some demo modes haha but haven't gotten them back so its something i am missing right now for sure. Yes i also had sonarworks reference before but i got a bit sick of it since they lacked alot of headphonemodules and that it felt very inconvinient with all "should i have this mode on or of" kinda stuf. Hard to know how it should make my mixes better when i had to fiddle so much with it. I think simplicity is the key many more times then not. Thanks again.
(05-04-2021, 05:44 PM)crownoise Wrote:
(28-03-2021, 07:41 PM)Devilskater666 Wrote: Hi Crownoise, nice Mix you got going! Maybe you could try getting a bit more width by spreading things out in the panorama? And I think the 400 Hz area needs some work too especially on the Vocals. Maybe try using a dynamic EQ if you have one! If you have trouble mixing on headphones I'd give Sonarworks Reference a try. I had them measure my Headphones (the presets are quite good too...) and in combination with something like Waves Nx Oceanway it did wonders for my mixes :-) since at the moment I have no way to mix on speakers :-(
Hey thanks for the detailed input Devilskater Smile! Yes i thought of the panorama, when its this much going on it can be hard to put everything balanced in the stereospectrum, takes so much time and effort haha! I had some cracked plugs (ops) with some dynamic eq's and some demo modes haha but haven't gotten them back so its something i am missing right now for sure. Yes i also had sonarworks reference before but i got a bit sick of it since they lacked alot of headphonemodules and that it felt very inconvinient with all "should i have this mode on or of" kinda stuf. Hard to know how it should make my mixes better when i had to fiddle so much with it. I think simplicity is the key many more times then not. Thanks again.
You're welcome. Maybe give Fabfilters Pro-Q 3 a look. It's a must have EQ for me and also has dynamic EQs. For your headphones: Maybe Slates VSX or the brand new Sienna by Acoustica Audio are options for you...