Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
A Sailor Once More
My attempt at this catchy song.
I enjoyed mixing it, I hope you will enjoy listening.
Cheers!

.mp3    A Sailor Once More.mp3 --  (Download: 8.11 MB)

I definitely enjoy your mix. The strumming guitars are beautiful and they bounce perfectly in time with the strumming. That's impressive. The flute cuts thru even in the low notes. Man, I like everything in there, so no need to waste my time. Let me go back and drag my mix out and beg some more Smile. You got me all itchy.
(07-02-2021, 11:47 AM)SonicTramp Wrote: I definitely enjoy your mix. The strumming guitars are beautiful and they bounce perfectly in time with the strumming. That's impressive. The flute cuts thru even in the low notes. Man, I like everything in there, so no need to waste my time. Let me go back and drag my mix out and beg some more Smile. You got me all itchy.
Thank you sir for the kind words!
Hi!

A nice mix there.

You've done a great job with the vocals. Really liking the bass you've got there too, you can really follow it there nicely through the track.

I do find the whistle a bit loud and jarring when it comes in at around 2:36. It's really quite harsh when it comes in at that point, especially on earbuds, and is not really in keeping with the rest of the mix for me.

Cheers!
Just uploaded a mix/master?  Waiting for comments? Why not give back and critique a mix/master, or two!
(08-02-2021, 11:02 PM)mikej Wrote: Hi!

A nice mix there. 

You've done a great job with the vocals.  Really liking the bass you've got there too, you can really follow it there nicely through the track.

I do find the whistle a bit loud and jarring when it comes in at around 2:36.  It's really quite harsh when it comes in at that point, especially  on earbuds, and is not really in keeping with the rest of the mix for me.

Cheers!
Thank you for the listen and the comment.
I 100% agree about the whistle, it need a duck there. 
I wanted the dissbalance somewhat there, but thats a bit to much
Cheers!
Hello and what a fun mix to listen to! I like the warm balance of it. I do hear how the flute does indeed get just a tad bit too loud from the middle towards the end, but that's already been pointed out. Another thing just in contrast to the lovely mid tone of the music, I think the vocals could have just a little more upper mid range cut through, or maybe be just slightly louder but the lower mid levels would be too much and they already sound perfect to me. anyways, great mix Smile
(09-02-2021, 10:10 AM)401kBC Wrote: Hello and what a fun mix to listen to! I like the warm balance of it. I do hear how the flute does indeed get just a tad bit too loud from the middle towards the end, but that's already been pointed out. Another thing just in contrast to the lovely mid tone of the music, I think the vocals could have just a little more upper mid range cut through, or maybe be just slightly louder but the lower mid levels would be too much and they already sound perfect to me. anyways, great mix Smile
Thank you for taking the time to listen.
I apreciate the feedfack.
Cheers!