Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CR Mix
New Mix

.mp3    A Sailor Once More.mp3 --  (Download: 8.26 MB)

Nice work,
I like the intro very much.
I like the flute vibe, I would add a db of volume to it though.
The vocal feels a bit harsh(mb de-es or automate).
Low end has a nice punch to it, feels a bit overwhelming though.
Overall nice mix!
Cheers!
I am not sure if I am right but it seems your vocal, relatively to the beginning, either dipped down a bit or got some top end shaved from it from 1:13 on. Not sure what causes it or it's even so but I think it's worth investigate just to make sure. Other than that I think your mix is a good listen. Cheers!
I think this mix is sounding great! It's got the same feel to my mix. Maybe some sharp de-essing on the vocal top end, and on the drums in the upper mids. I'm listening on Cheap earbuds rn and its harsh up there haha
Good job!
(07-02-2021, 12:03 PM)letifer85 Wrote: Nice work,
I like the intro very much.
I like the flute vibe, I would add a db of volume to it though.
The vocal feels a bit harsh(mb de-es or automate).
Low end has a nice punch to it, feels a bit overwhelming though.
Overall nice mix!
Cheers!
Hello friend, thanks for all your comments, I have followed your comments one by one, the voice was a bit harsh, I reduced frequencies from 5k and 8k approx. I raised the flute 1 db and an HPF in 30hz to the bass, I hope it is more pleasant to listen to. regards
(07-02-2021, 12:05 PM)SonicTramp Wrote: I am not sure if I am right but it seems your vocal, relatively to the beginning, either dipped down a bit or got some top end shaved from it from 1:13 on. Not sure what causes it or it's even so but I think it's worth investigate just to make sure. Other than that I think your mix is a good listen. Cheers!
Hello friend, thanks for all your comments, I listen to what you tell me and you may be right, although the level of the leading voice is the same as having the mix with more instruments, the perception of the voice feels lower. I automated the leading voice 1db above during the passage. regards
(07-02-2021, 12:23 PM)401kBC Wrote: I think this mix is sounding great! It's got the same feel to my mix. Maybe some sharp de-essing on the vocal top end, and on the drums in the upper mids. I'm listening on Cheap earbuds rn and its harsh up there haha
Good job!
Hello friend, thanks for all your comments, if everyone says the same about the mix, it must be true, hehehe, and I reduced a couple of db in the lead voice. I listened to your mix and I liked it, I will make this comment in your tread. regards
This one sounds really good, nice work Smile
(08-02-2021, 08:46 AM)crownoise Wrote: This one sounds really good, nice work Smile
Thanks for your comment crownoise