Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
A sailor once more-
Smile.....
Well first off you did a fantastic job! Everything sounds perfect. I think you really put everything in its perfect place. If I had to be critical, I think its overall just slightly dark, but the magic is in the mid range and you've proven it! I really dig what you did.  Nailed it Smile
(09-02-2021, 02:52 AM)401kBC Wrote: Well first off you did a fantastic job! Everything sounds perfect. I think you really put everything in its perfect place. If I had to be critical, I think its overall just slightly dark, but the magic is in the mid range and you've proven it! I really dig what you did.  Nailed it Smile

*Thank you, 401bc, for the kind words. Getting approval from people who I respect and admire means a lot to me. Thanks.
Hi SonicTramp version 3 is really nice and soft sounding with nice vocal space,well done.
Reaper user
(15-02-2021, 05:27 PM)Cudjoe Wrote: Hi SonicTramp version 3 is really nice and soft sounding with nice vocal space,well done.
* Thanks, man. I appreciate the time you spent. It means a lot to me. You know, this is the first time I ever gotten such good reviews on a mix. Not too long ago, I just couldn't get any mix to even to a "serviceable" state. Someone told me, "dude, you have to follow the 80/20 rule." It turned out that the 80/20 is 80% listening and 20% technical know-how. I thought it was the other way around Smile. So I strapped on my headphones and went to work. I listen to, literally, thousands of mixes, pro's and amateur's, then I notice the subtle things that I couldn't hear or even know they were there in my mix. From that point on, I am not afraid of the compressor/EQ anymore. I can hear what they do to my tracks and it makes mixing a lot more pleasurable. Now I am practicing listening to FX. And yeah, it's kinda hard to listen to FX in context but I am learning. I would offer the same advice to you. It works for me, it may work for you as well. Thanks.
Yes you are right about 80/20 rule,also you are training your ears in the process,the trick now is go get most mixes in that ballpark,or near enough,well done again.
Reaper user