Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
A Sailor Once More - mix
Hello friends, I await opinions on this mix. Thank you.  Big Grin

.mp3    A Sailor Once More - mix.mp3 --  (Download: 8.05 MB)

Very good mix. A little rich in bottom but I still like it. I especially like the way the electric guitar sounds in the mix, very clear and beautiful. Not so much for the piano tho; I think it's not clean enough especially when the player plays chords instead of melody. I think the electric guitar is masking some of it since the guitar is louder, relatively, and occupies pretty much the same region of frequency. But that is just a wild guess. I think you can still make the vocal a bit clearer and a bit forward; you still have room. On the shakers, there is still some of that sizzling top end you can shave off. Sometimes doing that helps make your mix thicker with more body. Good job! Cheers!
(05-02-2021, 11:13 AM)SonicTramp Wrote: Very good mix. A little rich in bottom but I still like it. I especially like the way the electric guitar sounds in the mix, very clear and beautiful. Not so much for the piano tho; I think it's not clean enough especially when the player plays chords instead of melody. I think the electric guitar is masking some of it since the guitar is louder, relatively, and occupies pretty much the same region of frequency. But that is just a wild guess. I think you can still make the vocal a bit clearer and a bit forward; you still have room. On the shakers, there is still some of that sizzling top end you can shave off. Sometimes doing that helps make your mix thicker with more body. Good job! Cheers!     

Hi friend thank you. I agree with you on the sound of the shakers, I will review everything else and take it into account.
Smile
Very nice mix. I ike the balance and the overall punch it has. I feel like the vocal could be a bit clearer(some plases more than others).
Overall a good listen.
Cheers!
(07-02-2021, 11:43 AM)letifer85 Wrote: Very nice mix. I ike the balance and the overall punch it has. I feel like the vocal could be a bit clearer(some plases more than others).
Overall a good listen.
Cheers!
Hello friend, thank you for your comment.

Do you think that the problem of clarity in the voice can be solved with automation in the fragments where clarity is lost? or is it a problem of eq and compression?
(08-02-2021, 08:52 PM)Fonteblanca Wrote:
(07-02-2021, 11:43 AM)letifer85 Wrote: Very nice mix. I ike the balance and the overall punch it has. I feel like the vocal could be a bit clearer(some plases more than others).
Overall a good listen.
Cheers!
Hello friend, thank you for your comment.

Do you think that the problem of clarity in the voice can be solved with automation in the fragments where clarity is lost? or is it a problem of eq and compression?
Hard to say, there is enough highs in the vical(i think), mb start with giving it a few db of volume, you might find that it will become somewhat harsh on the s'ses, so de-essing will prolly be nedded. From there mabe a touch of upper mids will smoothe and bring it up front a bit.
I talked about the vocal but other instrument can benifit with more "livlehood" as well.
That beeing sayd I do not thing its a bad mix, just needs some more "life" and brightness.
Cheers!