Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
A sailor once more-
First try on this song. Really like the song. Mixed it just the way I'd like it. If you don't like something,  please say something, and I wouldn't mind some compliments throwing my way if you liked something either Smile. Thanks for the listen.

.mp3    asailoroncemore-sonictramp.mp3 --  (Download: 8.52 MB)

Nice mix and you done a great job cleaning the vox up as there was a fair bit of nasty stuff in them.
Nice balance well eqd,no mud .Great work well done .
[quote pid='105648' dateline='1612324454']
I really like the whole presence of the mix. I think the biggest thing that would help it sound better, is to take the vocal track and find a sweet spot at around 3 to 6k,  push that boost EQ into a compressor. it will make the presence of the vocals come through much more vivid without actually covering up the mid range. I'm not a big fan of the reverb used either, something with less room reflections and an added Delay of about 30 to 40ms to it would give the vocals the depth they need to sit with the rest of the track. The percussions cut through very well, much better than my mix( I didn't spend nearly enough focus on the drums) The acoustic guitars contrary to mine start off a little empty feeling, then get too boxyish or Low pass filter lost in the music, kinda somewhere around the mid range they are fighting to find that right home in the frequency gap compared to the rest of the music. Maybe just a little more side air energy with less center mid focus would balance it out nicely. Besides all that, I really like the mix. the bag pipes, the whistle, backing vocals, and the lead clean guitar sit perfectly with everything else. Nothing bad about them jumps out at me at all which is very nice. Anyways very good mix!
[/quote]
(03-02-2021, 05:47 AM)takka360 Wrote: Nice mix and you done a great job cleaning the vox up as there was a fair bit of nasty stuff in them.
Nice balance well eqd,no mud .Great work well done .
*Thank you for the kind comment.
(03-02-2021, 05:50 AM)401kBC Wrote: [quote pid='105648' dateline='1612324454']
I really like the whole presence of the mix. I think the biggest thing that would help it sound better, is to take the vocal track and find a sweet spot at around 3 to 6k,  push that boost EQ into a compressor. it will make the presence of the vocals come through much more vivid without actually covering up the mid range. I'm not a big fan of the reverb used either, something with less room reflections and an added Delay of about 30 to 40ms to it would give the vocals the depth they need to sit with the rest of the track. The percussions cut through very well, much better than my mix( I didn't spend nearly enough focus on the drums) The acoustic guitars contrary to mine start off a little empty feeling, then get too boxyish or Low pass filter lost in the music, kinda somewhere around the mid range they are fighting to find that right home in the frequency gap compared to the rest of the music. Maybe just a little more side air energy with less center mid focus would balance it out nicely. Besides all that, I really like the mix. the bag pipes, the whistle, backing vocals, and the lead clean guitar sit perfectly with everything else. Nothing bad about them jumps out at me at all which is very nice. Anyways very good mix!

[/quote]
*Thank you, bro. I appreciate the time you took to listen and giving me advice. Of course im gonna try your suggestion and work it in if I can next time. It's only the first pass. Give me a couple days, and I'll come up with something. Time, for now, is on my side. Thanks for the kind comment.