Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I AM ALLRIGHT
I reduce the verb a little bit and it sound
like that.

.mp3    I AM ALLRIGHT2.mp3 --  (Download: 5.5 MB)

Hi!

We got there in the end.  Glad you found the right place. Smile

Much better. 

I think the overall balance is ok, but I think you can cut back on the reverb and delay on the guitars a little bit more. 

One thing I do is put the reverb on a send with an eq in front of it, so I can shape the reverb (remove the high and low end) to clean up the mix.  Another thing to try is to add reverb until you can just hear it, and then dial it back a touch.

Reverb tends to push instruments back in the mix.  For a track like this I think you want things to be a bit more 'up front'.  I did exactly the same thing with too much reverb on my first mixes of this track.

Might help explain things better if you check out mix 3.4 in this thread:
https://discussion.cambridge-mt.com/show...?tid=34919

Anyway, a good effort, keep at it, and keep mixing.  As I mentioned, your other mix was pretty good.

Quick edit - Forgot to mention you might want to reduce the level of the bass just a little.  One trick for bass to keep it under control is to use a multiband compressor (something like waves C6) just on the 200Hz and down region.  Hope that helps!

Cheers!
Just uploaded a mix/master?  Waiting for comments? Why not give back and critique a mix/master, or two!