Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What have you done to me - voelund
I changed a lot in this song, used bits and pieces moved around, muted and went crazy with eq and reverb and echo.
Added a synth part, some drum samples, kick n snare, a 909 part for verses and a second piano part
In verses I uses tom tracks as overheads, it made a percussion like atmosphere, I copied shaker tracks to 1st verse, but I think I forgot to put it in 2nd... Well diffrence made between them then.
Lot of automation on vocals, lot of thinnin in bv.
Edited some conflicts between chords a couple o places.
Made good use of a saturation bus.

I dont know if I consider it finished but its listenable and maybe you will tell me if there are obvious things I did bad or didnt do to help the song along.

.mp3    What have you done 03 lim.mp3 --  (Download: 6.3 MB)

Old ears, old gear, little boy inside love music and sounds and my wife, not necessarily in that order
(21-01-2014, 08:50 PM)Voelund Wrote: I changed a lot in this song, used bits and pieces moved around, muted and went crazy with eq and reverb and echo.
Added a synth part, some drum samples, kick n snare, a 909 part for verses and a second piano part
In verses I uses tom tracks as overheads, it made a percussion like atmosphere, I copied shaker tracks to 1st verse, but I think I forgot to put it in 2nd... Well diffrence made between them then.
Lot of automation on vocals, lot of thinnin in bv.
Edited some conflicts between chords a couple o places.
Made good use of a saturation bus.

I dont know if I consider it finished but its listenable and maybe you will tell me if there are obvious things I did bad or didnt do to help the song along.

I like the synths it's more like the oldskool midnight star synths and the clap at the end part is really nice with the reverb tail in it, is awesome... but of cause I'm still not an audiophile yet, i can't say much... Nice and a good re-mix
Thank you - did you notice the cange in 2 first choruses bas ? I were in doubt if I should change 3rd chorus bas too, but I liked the difrence. Glad you like the synth and claps, I didnt overdo it then Big Grin
Old ears, old gear, little boy inside love music and sounds and my wife, not necessarily in that order