Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Glen McPhee_A Sailor Once More
hope it sounds ok, another great song....

.mp3    Glen McPhee_A Sailor Once More.mp3 --  (Download: 8 MB)

Sounds ok to me. What I noticed: 0:11 piano comes in a bit strong. Vocal is strong in mid (900Hz-1.7kHz) and a bit loud. Can hardly hear the shakers and percs. I like the space you chose for the mix, not too big, not too small. For some reasons I like to hear the whistle (more like a flute to me) more than like the bagpipe, but many in here chose otherwise. I guess to each our own, right? I think if you get the percs up a bit in the break, where no singing, your mix will sound much better with the groove. Good job! Cheers!
(03-02-2021, 05:11 AM)SonicTramp Wrote: Sounds ok to me. What I noticed: 0:11 piano comes in a bit strong. Vocal is strong in mid (900Hz-1.7kHz) and a bit loud. Can hardly hear the shakers and percs. I like the space you chose for the mix, not too big, not too small. For some reasons I like to hear the whistle (more like a flute to me) more than like the bagpipe, but many in here chose otherwise. I guess to each our own, right? I think if you get the percs up a bit in the break, where no singing, your mix will sound much better with the groove. Good job! Cheers!
thanks for listening and your nice feedback, will check them out and try to do better