Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ridgybeatle mix
Hello!

I had fun on this song. I didn't worry about too much compression (or distortion!), and tried to make it sound like what I've been listening to lately. Stuff like Alex Clare, and The neighborhood. I also didn't end up using any verb.

I think my favorite mixes on this song are Voelund, Spede, and DPP so far.

Enjoy!

.mp3    triviul - widow.mp3 --  (Download: 8.41 MB)

Hi, Im also new here. Ill try to give you some criticism as people seems reluctant to do that. Seems to me you tried to make all sounds take equally amounts of "space" in the mix. Most sounds seem to be right in my face instead of spread around in the "room". Also the mix sounded kinda "sharp" to me. A lot of "treble" in the mix or something. I also feel it could use a little more "thump". Besides this I thought it was nice to listen to.

Did you have an idea in your head when you did the mix or did you just "go with the flow"?

My two cents.
Thanks for the feedback! That stereo drum track and what I could pull out of it was really what set up the rest of the sounds. I was really looking to make it sound current and commercial.
I don't think this mix is too bright but the amount of compression (and emphasis on high mids) is very aggressive overall which might make the mix sound sound a bit restless.