Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
River of the white gloom
Love this song. First crack at it. Maybe tell me what's wrong? Thanks for the listen.

.mp3    riverofthewhitegloom1.mp3 --  (Download: 8.93 MB)

.mp3    riverofthewhitegloom2.mp3 --  (Download: 8.93 MB)

Hey SonicTramp! Another warm and dark mix from you, thats always nice. For me i think it feels a tiny to restrained in the highend, like abit to little boosted or restrained. Its nice though it feels "nice" or "kind" sort of which fits the mood of the song. Master could maybe come up a tiny but nothing needed to me. Other then that smooth mix.
Sure, bro. I actually forgot all about this song. Give me a couple days and I'll whip out another one you might like better Smile. I probably kept it a bit dark (guilty Smile) bc the song, tho I have no idea what it is about, the melody seems sad. I tried a brighter version then but thought it was a bit too jolly for the mood. Thanks for leaving a comment, man. Yeah, if we keep silent then how are we gonna learn? right? Thanks
hi SonicTramp.Vocal needs some shining .It seems a bit muddy.Kick drum hitting interfere the bass guitar .Maybe you should make kick and bass guitar sidechain .In general your mix is low mid loaded so it is a bit dark .A mastering eq will help you to remove or boost some frequencies to shine your mix .Hope that helps.
(14-02-2021, 01:08 PM)SonicTramp Wrote: Sure, bro. I actually forgot all about this song. Give me a couple days and I'll whip out another one you might like better Smile. I probably kept it a bit dark (guilty Smile) bc the song, tho I have no idea what it is about, the melody seems sad. I tried a brighter version then but thought it was a bit too jolly for the mood. Thanks for leaving a comment, man. Yeah, if we keep silent then how are we gonna learn? right? Thanks

Haha yes bro! I didn't catch the meaning either but i liked the uncommercial sound of this tune. Mood is important.
We need to grow together, totally agree.
(14-02-2021, 03:21 PM)Mammy Wrote: hi SonicTramp.Vocal needs some shining .It seems a bit muddy.Kick drum hitting interfere the bass guitar .Maybe you should make kick and bass guitar sidechain .In general your mix is low mid loaded so it is a bit dark .A mastering eq will help you to remove or boost  some frequencies to shine your mix .Hope that helps.
* Thanks for leaving a comment, man. Yeah, I'll fix it. I'll brighten it up a bit then. Good idea on the side chain technique Smile. Thanks
Here's my second visit to this song. I was able to address the problems pointed out for me earlier. Worked on the vocal a bit more to get it cut thru better. Gave the horn a bit more fx and push it back farther in the mix. Hope you like it better than the last. Thanks.