Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My mix of Such Fine People
Hey! Thank you very much for taking the time to listen to my mix and offer the pointers! I am most certainly more comfortable in EDM and self-produced tracks and I think it shows. I think the main issue is that I did not use a reference when I should have!

Now that you've pointed it out, I did actually perform quite a bit of cutting below the low-mid range on the guitars, so that is likely why they came out a bit thin. I will have to fix that Tongue

I did mix the midrange a bit strong, now that I'm listening on external speakers (well, my phone speakers lol). I think the main issue with that is I pushed the midrange too hot into my mix bus compression, and at the time, it sounded good but listening back afterwards, it feels like it's lacking in the high end too. I think the main reason it turned out with such a narrow stereo image is because I have mixed on headphones (not able to use monitors in my apartment, unfortunately haha) but thank you for pointing that out! I'll have to get a bit more creative with my panning.

Again, thank you very much for your time, I appreciate that! I'll take your advice to heart, and I'd love to hear any recommendations as far as reference mixes go! I'll give them a listen and build the mix more off those, and I think that will allow me to push more towards a better result.

Best regards,
Braeden

Messages In This Thread
My mix of Such Fine People - by Spectre desSables - 27-01-2021, 02:19 AM
RE: My mix of Such Fine People - by BKM - 27-01-2021, 07:04 AM
RE: My mix of Such Fine People - by Spectre desSables - 28-01-2021, 01:56 AM
RE: My mix of Such Fine People - by latanielvss. - 12-02-2021, 03:03 PM