Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My mix of Such Fine People
Hey man! The kick sounds great and has a lot of punch. The guitars and bass, however, have come out a bit thin in my opinion. If you're coming from EDM, basically treat the rhythm guitars like a stereo lead saw synth. They are broadband noise and do need some attenuation here and there (typically 3-4k and low mid mud), however doing too much to them will easily make them feel lifeless and not much like a guitar at all. Also, in a track like this one, where the bass is following the guitars very closely, you can basically treat guitars + bass like one big instrument. Overall, you mix feels a bit telephone-y and mono and is lacking body between 100 and 250, which is the crucial area for low end on metal guitars and bass.

Hope these pointers help you out! Your mix is absolutely not bad, I can easily hear you know how to use compression effectively and I don't hear any technical problems at all. Unfortunately, metal is a very specific genre with regards to people's expectations towards how it generally should sound and especially, with regards to what makes a guitar sound like a guitar. If you intend to work more in that genre (or get hired to do so at some point) feel free to hit me up for well-produced and -mixed reference tracks that you can use for orientation! Cheers, Björn
Amateur audio enthusiast.
Twitter: @bjoernkmusic

Messages In This Thread
My mix of Such Fine People - by Spectre desSables - 27-01-2021, 02:19 AM
RE: My mix of Such Fine People - by BKM - 27-01-2021, 07:04 AM
RE: My mix of Such Fine People - by latanielvss. - 12-02-2021, 03:03 PM