Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Georgia Wonder - Siren (CJK Mix/Master)
I tried to treat this song as a disco-era mix, lightly modernized, so I ran every track through tape and console emulations, kept reverb minimal and physical (plate, tape echo), and tried not to squash the transients too badly, keeping that great groove of the bass/drums punchy but hopefully dynamic. Automation was also all done in real-time moving faders rather than carefully drawing it.
I’m posting this with a fade-out rather than letting everything play to the end, but I didn’t otherwise change anything after the point the bass jumps up for the outro.
Very fun song, I feel like I maybe needed to be more inventive in the overall treatment though. Any suggestions to keep things moving/interesting?

.mp3    GW_Siren_CJK_Mix.mp3 --  (Download: 11.45 MB)

Sounds a bit thin and there is a nasty top frequency in the snare and the hats are too loud i think that don't help
Thanks takka360, at the last minute I ended up using a low shelf and also boosting a couple spots at ≈ 8K and above on the master bus, seems like your ears are spot-on! I was concerned the bass was overwhelming things, but I must have gone too far :-)

Thanks so much for listening and for the feedback! I’ll go back and work with your critiques.