Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Knockout Mix - R3ya
Hy,
this is my attempt to mixing Knockout by Merc Music. I jumped to the Option of using Gangsters Paradise as a Referenz Track for the process. There is no Mastering done.
It took me 15 hours to get to this point. I went for balancing first, then mixing from low to high end. Step 3 Automation and rudimentary FX stuff afterwards. 
There is a lot more that could be done, but at that Point i got overwhelmed by the Options due to the lack of knowledge about proper FX. I also need to get a better understanding of where to automate and where not. Some parts plain up made it easy to make decisions there, others did not. 
The Intro Vocals seem distorted to me. I had a hard time dealing with those. I loved the Bass sound, and the first add lip hip hop line is just awesome to work with. Also seperating the Vocals in the End was a fun thing to do. 

If you have spare time to listen to the result and to give Feedback on where to focus more while mixing. Or other positive or negativ things that stand out to you, your feedback is very welcome, and i can take it into consideration for the next Project. 

And thanks to the People running this Project.

.mp3    Cambridge Knockout1.mp3 --  (Download: 10.18 MB)