Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Strobe - Gone
Hey all, this is my version of Gone. 
I definitely stole a few ideas from the preview mix but with my own take on it. 
Hope you like it.

.mp3    Strobe - Gone_v1.mp3 --  (Download: 8.34 MB)

Hi!

A really good effort this.

I feel the vocal gets a little lost at times though - at 0:55 the lead gets a little lost with the BV's and feels lower in volume than the vocal in the next section at 1:22. I'd perhaps try to automate it up a bit to get it in balance. I feel the same at 2:05. You might be able to get the vocal to pop a little more by boosting a touch, I dunno, somewhere around the 4k ish area? too, but be careful.

One thing I try to get the vocal to pop a little is to blend in just a little delay on a send. No feedback, just a few ms on the left and right, something like 40 on one side and 80 on the other or whatever. Just blend it in subtly until the vocal just pops out a little. If you go to far it'll sound like a slap back delay or something though.

Cheers!
Just uploaded a mix/master?  Waiting for comments? Why not give back and critique a mix/master, or two!
(16-01-2021, 12:01 AM)mikej Wrote: Hi!

A really good effort this. 

I feel the vocal gets a little lost at times though - at 0:55 the lead gets a little lost with the BV's and feels lower in volume than the vocal in the next section at 1:22.  I'd perhaps try to automate it up a bit to get it in balance. I feel the same at 2:05.  You might be able to get the vocal to pop a little more by boosting a touch, I dunno,  somewhere around the 4k ish area? too, but be careful. 

One thing I try to get the vocal to pop a little is to blend in just a little delay on a send.  No feedback, just a few ms on the left and right, something like 40 on one side and 80 on the other or whatever.  Just blend it in subtly until the vocal just pops out a little.  If you go to far it'll sound like a slap back delay or something though.

Cheers!
Thank you for the very constructive feedback. I'm gonna go back and tweak the vocals. Cheers!