Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Strobe - Gone (EneX version)
Hello from Slovakia, this is my version of "Gone". 
There are plenty of plugins used, mostly EQ from iZotope Neutron.
Then MeldaProduction plugins, Waves, IK Multimedia, NI, Sonible and so on.
 I have tons of plugins (all legal) and use what fits for particular track. 
I love this site, keep going.

.mp3    Strobe - Gone (Enex).mp3 --  (Download: 8.45 MB)

I like your mix, man. Very fun to listen to. I like what you did on the second part of the drums, but I wish the part would blend better since the idea is there. The drums seem to stand out by themselves a little too far from the rest of the instruments, my opinion. I also like the delay works on the synths. The kick in the beginning could be a bit louder and cut thru a bit more. I think you can afford to HP it a bit more to get it out of the bass's way. Perhaps the move can help you get a bit more volume. I like the distorted guitars; they cut thru quite nicely. I also think you can afford a bit more bottom end to anchor the mix. The guitar run (2:30-) is important in that part. I think the intention is to reinforce the drum rolls, for without it the drum rolls would sound wimpy. Just my opinion. I hope you agree. Cheers!
(16-01-2021, 10:24 PM)SonicTramp Wrote: I like your mix, man. Very fun to listen to. I like what you did on the second part of the drums, but I wish the part would blend better since the idea is there. The drums seem to stand out by themselves a little too far from the rest of the instruments, my opinion. I also like the delay works on the synths. The kick in the beginning could be a bit louder and cut thru a bit more. I think you can afford to HP it a bit more to get it out of the bass's way. Perhaps the move can help you get a bit more volume. I like the distorted guitars; they cut thru quite nicely. I also think you can afford a bit more bottom end to anchor the mix. The guitar run (2:30-) is important in that part. I think the intention is to reinforce the drum rolls, for without it the drum rolls would sound wimpy. Just my opinion. I hope you agree. Cheers!
Hello, thanks for post. 
Yeah, I agree with all you wrote, however it would work in "default" version. My attempt was to make first part chillin, not a dance music... and second half was a dance part. Well, riser could be used different, there are always many options to make mix better. For my mixes I let them sit for a week, then listen to them again and if I am not happy, I don't release... This one was release right after mixed... Also it is not mastered and in -14 LUFS, so if it would be mastered and maximized, all of these quiet parts would come up.
Sure, bro. We all know that there are more than one way to, eh, skin a cat, especially in this mixing business. I have heard all kinds of different mixes in a song. So, no, no complain on that. I respect everybody's creativity, even though some sound weird as sh*t, but that's only my opinion. For all I know, there may be someone out there thinks my mix is weird. Who knows. So yeah, go crazy with your creativity. The worst that could happen is it ruins the producer's and perhaps even the band's mood. They'll replace us with someone else. Nobody dies.

One thing I slightly, just a tiny bit, think differently is to wait to make the mix better in the mastering stage. My reason is: if I, on a lucky god-smiling day, can make my mix so awesome to the point that the mastering engineer needs only to enhance it instead of rescue it, the final "radio-ready" would sound even better. Right? So the questions then become: should the "we'll-fix-it-in-the-mix" attitude be adopted in our endeavor? Should we baby our mixes to their optimal condition way before they get to the the hands of the mastering engineers? Luckily, these questions are quite clear cut; it's should just be a yes or no. Sometimes our attitude toward works does affect its outcome.