Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Crownoise - The island of Alsocanla
Heavy tunes, dig it! Wish i had drumreplacementsoftware but hey might work. Here is mine Smile My snare is a bit splashy in the highmids, might need to go back and fix that, also the "outro" epicness guitars are a bit harsh, might revisit with a new version if you'd like.

.mp3    The island of Alsocanla.mp3 --  (Download: 9.78 MB)

Hi crownoise judging by what you have put above once that is done i think it would be fantastic.
Reaper user
Nice flow like the guitar tones. Drums need some work... I noticed the kick and snare were all over the place in the raw tracks so I compressed em to hit -10 every strike. There was as much as 6 DB difference hard to get a solid drum mix with that.
Live drummers usually have that issue which is not an issue live but studio tracking is different. That said I use little of the close mic drums. I start with the room if provided and OH mics to get a solid airy ambient full kit sound and fill in with the close mics to add some weight. (the tip I mentioned in my post reply)
Bass is nice but needs some distortion in my opinion to cut through the guitars also seemed to be competing with the kick for some of those low freqs Kick wasn't so clear at times.
Your own critique pretty much fixes it. I would add push the creativity out there a bit more, too many mediocre safe mixes these days.
Just let it go and have fun.

Also please don't use replacement drums all drums can be made to sound good if you really have talent mixing. Some need to be worked more than others but you will be a better mixer for the time spent. I know it's hip but I would be embarrassed to admit I couldn't get good drums tones.
Just my opinion of course.

Cheers
Motomojo
Hey thanks guys for the input, makes me get better Smile.
(21-01-2021, 09:36 PM)crownoise Wrote: Hey thanks guys for the input, makes me get better Smile.
Hey Crownoise,

Thank you for spending time to mix our tracks! And thank you for following us too! I like that you keep it dark. We do love a dark sounding mix. The low end is quite well managed. The last section has a hint of harsh distortion to it. Otherwise, nice work. Hope you enjoyed our tracks.

Eugene Ng
Guitarist & Producer
Imp Act