Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New to the genre - Let me know what I can improve - Thnx for critiques
(16-02-2021, 05:48 AM)Andy_ Wrote: Sounds great. I enjoyed the balance of the vocals/acoustics/BVs at the end especially.

As noted, kick could come down a little. Personally, I would like more low end out of the bass, but it works.

Only other thing was, sounds like you left in the DI guitars on the intro, but they don't sound like they've been reamped. I would either cut them out, or put them through an amp sim.

Cheers!
No I definitely didn't reamp them lol. Like I said, I'm new to the genre, so this was actually a really helpful comment, cause I never knew what the DI abbreviation actually meant in sessions I practiced with. I thought it meant "distorted," and was always thinking, well these don't sound very distorted hahaha. I looked it up now, and I understand the concept, but I have one quick question. When you are given DI tracks, is it usually left up to the mix engineer's discretion as to how they sound, or should I ask the client beforehand how they envisioned the DI tracks to sound? @Andy_ @Takka360 @mikej

Messages In This Thread
RE: New to the genre - Let me know what I can improve - Thnx for critiques - by HojoSinclair - 20-02-2021, 03:06 AM