Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New to the genre - Let me know what I can improve - Thnx for critiques
I usually mix rap. Want to branch out into other genres. Let me know what I am doing well and what I can improve on. Thnx!

.mp3    Drag Me Down.mp3 --  (Download: 7.62 MB)

The vox are getting masked a fair bit and the level is a bit up down in places. I also think the snare and kick are way too loud ,and the panned guitars, they are just burying everything
(13-01-2021, 09:56 PM)takka360 Wrote: The vox are getting masked a fair bit and the level is a bit up down in places. I also think the snare and kick are way too loud ,and the panned guitars, they are just burying everything
Thanks for the critique. I will work on those problems.
No probs, i look forward to you next
(13-01-2021, 10:41 PM)takka360 Wrote: No probs, i look forward to you next
I just updated the file. You mind taking a listen to see if I'm closer to a proper balance? I checked out some of your mixes and trust your ears.
Massive improvement to the first .Can hear the vox clearly now without dropping out and the snare smashing away. Guitars are a much better level too.Kick is still too loud tho, it only needs to poke the end of its nose through .I have a friend who is a pro mixer and done loads of massive bands etc.He listened to some of my mixes and said ,snares are too loud ,guitars are too loud ,kicks too loud .It started to become a bit of a game changer for me that day .When i mix now i hear in in my ear lol,snares too loud, guitars are too loud. Great work mate .Maybe the vox are slightly a bit loud now but all this is just my opinion
(15-01-2021, 12:25 AM)takka360 Wrote: Massive improvement to the first .Can hear the vox clearly now without dropping out and  the snare smashing away. Guitars are a much better level too.Kick is still too loud tho, it only needs to poke the end of its nose through .I have a friend who is a pro mixer and done loads of massive bands etc.He listened to some of my mixes and said ,snares are too loud ,guitars are too loud ,kicks too loud .It started to become a bit of a game changer for me that day .When i mix now i hear in in my ear lol,snares too loud, guitars are too loud. Great work mate .Maybe the vox are slightly a bit loud now but all this is just my opinion
Awesome. I mix rap mostly as I said, so I'm def gonna have to watch myself with the kick, since I will automatically have a tendency to make it loud lol, so I will keep in mind to have it just poking it's nose through as you said. Thanks for all of the tips bro
Your welcome, hope it helped
Hi!

I checked this out the other day and I thought it was really quite an engaging mix. Certainly kept me listening until the end.

I do agree that the kick is perhaps a touch loud though. Nice balance and some nice width and depth otherwise.

Cheers!
Just uploaded a mix/master?  Waiting for comments? Why not give back and critique a mix/master, or two!
(15-01-2021, 11:42 PM)mikej Wrote: Hi!

I checked this out the other day and I thought it was really quite an engaging mix.  Certainly kept me listening until the end. 

I do agree that the kick is perhaps a touch loud though.  Nice balance and some nice width and depth otherwise.

Cheers!
Great, thanks for the feedback. Good to know I'm not too far off from where I need to me. Will keep working at it