Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
In a backroom in Tulsa, dirty deeds get done.....
I think you succeeded in your efforts to make the vocal nice and intimate. Level and EQ decisions are really working for me there in terms of creating a nice, tight pocket where the vocal could sit quite nicely... that can be really tricky to do with a narrower stereo image. A rude, lurid tune like this deserves to have its lyrics heard as to offend as many people as possible... maybe zappa said that at one point? Big Grin Great work on that score.

As for humble suggestions, some of the instruments have a bit too much pick noise for my taste, which is probably just from the overall brightness of the mix that you mentioned in the previous post. I think a bit more roominess would be a good thing, too... you could try widening the stereo image a teensy bit if you're not into the idea of using verbs or delays. I've also seen some guys simply plop some generated white noise and feed it under the mix at a low level and I was amazed at how much sense of space was created with the technique... as of now I haven't had the guts to try it Big Grin still learning myself.

great work, man. I cut my teeth on music much like this so I really appreciate the faithful reproduction. I used to play my dad's old swordfishtrombones vinyl as loud as I could to aggravate the old lady next door (shouldn't have let her dog poop in my yard) and this brought those old days back to me.

I'm grateful for comments and suggestions. Thank you for listening!

Messages In This Thread
RE: In a backroom in Tulsa, dirty deeds get done..... - by pauli - 28-01-2014, 09:50 PM