Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
On the Line Mix
Here's a mix I did of On The Line. Just did it at home for fun.Smile

.mp3    On The Line.mp3 --  (Download: 5.86 MB)

I'd love some feedback, I mixed this on computer speakers cuz I was bored and since then I've monitored it at my studio and it sounds good.
(25-09-2012, 06:58 PM)jjmgolfnut Wrote: I'd love some feedback, I mixed this on computer speakers cuz I was bored and since then I've monitored it at my studio and it sounds good.

Only listening on the little PC speakers at the moment. Like the general feel of it, but the bass seems to be getting rather lost, even taking into account of the limited bass response of these speakers. Shame to lose it too, as it's quite melodic.
Further to my previous off-the-cuff remarks...

You've chosen quite a crispy overall tonality, and while it does lend a sense of clarity to the overall production, it does also get a bit tiring on the ear after only a minute or so for me. It also tends to pick out the picking noise of the guitar/mandolins, pulling that too high in the overall balance for my taste. Also, usually if you're going to go for that kind of sparkly sound, it makes sense to extend the bass at the same time, but your bass is quite cool overall here, so you're running the risk of tinniness.

Otherwise, though, the balance and blend both seem pretty solid to me, with evidence of some sensitive fader work to bring out nice background moments, which is good.