Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My mix of Such Fine People
Very cool track! well recorded. Pretty easy to mix so I did some funny things with some effects.

I re-amped the guitar Di stems trough my Mesa Rectifier Solo Head with a Harley Benton 2x12 cab then blended the recorded guitars with it. I put the bass DI trough my Trace Elliot GP7 with a dark glass in the loop. For the rest some basic stuff like eq, compression.

Hope you like it, and please let me know what I can improve.  Big Grin

.mp3    Mixdown.mp3 --  (Download: 8.4 MB)

My Gear:

Studio One 4
Focusrite Saffire
Art Stereo compressor
Qcon controller
Yamaha HS8 monitors
Beyer Dynamic DT770 pro
Soundtracs Topaz 24 analog mixer
Very nice mix, very skillful. I like the snap of the snare, sounds mean. I'd like a bit more growl on the bass but that's just my taste. Good job, man. I enjoyed it. Cheers!
(20-02-2021, 10:15 AM)SonicTramp Wrote: Very nice mix, very skillful. I like the snap of the snare, sounds mean. I'd like a bit more growl on the bass but that's just my taste. Good job, man. I enjoyed it. Cheers!
Thank you!
My Gear:

Studio One 4
Focusrite Saffire
Art Stereo compressor
Qcon controller
Yamaha HS8 monitors
Beyer Dynamic DT770 pro
Hey Brady, original mix engineer here! Very cool mix, love that you changed the guitars around a bit. Cool and snappy snare as well! My only two complaints* would be that the kick could use some punch (the entire track feels a bit "rolled-off" if that makes any sense) and that the high mids are getting a bit abrasive towards the end.

Good job and thanks for giving this mix a shot / your time!

* I'm obviously highly biased so take that as you wish Smile
Amateur audio enthusiast.
Twitter: @bjoernkmusic
(18-08-2021, 10:11 AM)BKM Wrote: Hey Brady, original mix engineer here! Very cool mix, love that you changed the guitars around a bit. Cool and snappy snare as well! My only two complaints* would be that the kick could use some punch (the entire track feels a bit "rolled-off" if that makes any sense) and that the high mids are getting a bit abrasive towards the end.

Good job and thanks for giving this mix a shot / your time!

* I'm obviously highly biased so take that as you wish Smile

Hey thank you for the kind words! I totally agree with the mids at the end! could have worked on that a little more.
My Gear:

Studio One 4
Focusrite Saffire
Art Stereo compressor
Qcon controller
Yamaha HS8 monitors
Beyer Dynamic DT770 pro