Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My mix of Sugar (Who would've guessed :p)
Hello guys, I also mixed sugar, I've only ever done a few instrumental mixes so far as I'm mostly an EDM producer, so hit me with your hardest feedback, I have lots to learn  Smile
I personally would probably critize the Vocals, that still have some harshness in the mids and feel too resonant around the 200hz area at some time. 
The instruments also could probably use a little bit more defined spaces, and overall it's lacking a bit of energy to it, which was pretty challenging to me to get this slow song the right amount of energy still. 
Another thing what I'm probably guilty of, is mixing the drums too loud, but as the son of a drummer, I just enjoy drums that cut through a good bit Angel
What do you guys think?

Edit: I have 2 Versions now, the new has some slight mix changes and some more brilliance and bass added in Mastering, giving it a little more modern Sound, but also more energy, which I thought was quite lacking as stated above ... which one do you prefer? Smile

.mp3    Blue Bastards - Sugar (Master Mp3 New).mp3 --  (Download: 10.07 MB)

.mp3    Blue Bastards - Sugar (Master Mp3 Old).mp3 --  (Download: 9.96 MB)

Cool mix, has a good sense of tension to it!

My mix: https://discussion.cambridge-mt.com/show...?tid=37470
very nice for a first time, ballanced well.
Vocals thas tends to go crazy in 2-4k u could eq or and some short of multiband compression to compress that area that is harsh,
for the second (masterd one) i didnt like it, for many reasons, mostly because of the ballance changed after those boosts.
cheers keep up