Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kat Wright ... I <3 U
This is great! Obviously not a huge fan of the drum bleed, but these are the trax, now mix 'em.
I'm a huge fan of ... well, the entire emsemble - they are just great - and still the vocal performance stands out, it is ... well, outstanding!
Thisband is so great, so basically it ought to be "a walk in the park", and yet I managed to stumble into several challenges ...  Confused  
It's definitely in the mixing, I know, but for some reason, I think it lacks coherence. For a long time I felt that this was 8 individual instruments playing the same song, instead of a band performing together ... At the end of the process it, for some reason, got better, but to be honest, I have no idea why ...   Confused
I do believe that the lack of vocal arrangement causes some "breathing issues".Obviously the horns, to some degree, makes up for this, but ... well, I want more ... alway more!  Big Grin  Anyhow, I've  tried to add some delay here and there to address these "breating issues", not sure, though, if that is the right way to go ...

Tips, trix and comments are more than welcomed

.mp3    Contact v1.mp3 --  (Download: 12.27 MB)

.mp3    Contact v2.mp3 --  (Download: 12.27 MB)

I have a Polish friend, who is a sound engineer. Oh, and a Czech one too.

#nobodygoeshomehummingthekickdrum
#nosubnoshow
Hi Krabbe .I made a quick mastering to your mix .I preferred making things instead of telling it .
(08-01-2021, 08:44 PM)Mammy Wrote: Hi Krabbe .I made a quick mastering to your mix .I preferred making things instead of telling it .
I did do a light mastering to the song. For this genre I prefer a subtle, transparent mastering. Anyhow, I think, I see where you're going with this. 
I like how the extra layer of compression has enhanced the HF definition. I am aware that my mix is a bit mid-loaded, which you have addressed. However, maybe I do believe that your mastered version is a bit to the thin side. No matter what, I think that the low mid clean up suits the mix.
Thanks for your time
I have a Polish friend, who is a sound engineer. Oh, and a Czech one too.

#nobodygoeshomehummingthekickdrum
#nosubnoshow