Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Strobe-Gone (LM425 MIX)
Awesome awesome song went for a bright modern shiny mix.
Hated the ending so I've changed it up and gotten rid of the guitar part and drums at the end.

Any and all feedback welcome!

.mp3    Strobe - Gone.mp3 --  (Download: 6.97 MB)

Very Nice Mix. Maybe too much subass for my taste. And maybe the trumpet and the reverbs are masking the voices.
Anyway, good job!
Pep from Pepus Estudi
Bus-Comp Warm-Audio, Focal Alpha 80, Klark Teknik 76-KT, Klark Teknik EQP-KT, Focusrite Scarlett 18i20, X Touch One Behringer, Arturia MiniLab mkII, 
Mackie Big Knob, Sonarworks SoundID Reference,
Cakewalk by Bandlab
(10-01-2021, 07:35 PM)supep Wrote: Very Nice Mix. Maybe too much subass for my taste. And maybe the trumpet and the reverbs are masking the voices.
Anyway, good job!
Fair comments, thanks! The trumpet could definitely come down. I see that you have alpha 80's? I owned a pair for a few months but found everything I listened to on them way too flappy and bassy even with it dialled back so I got rid of them! How do you find them (I know lots love them)? - obviously its so so subjective and there are so many variables but the low end seems spot on to me!
I usually work with rock and heavy. For me, this speakers are so fucking nice. I love them. But it's true that the first days I was working to adjust the eq of the speakers to get a flat response.
Cheers
Pep from Pepus Estudi
Bus-Comp Warm-Audio, Focal Alpha 80, Klark Teknik 76-KT, Klark Teknik EQP-KT, Focusrite Scarlett 18i20, X Touch One Behringer, Arturia MiniLab mkII, 
Mackie Big Knob, Sonarworks SoundID Reference,
Cakewalk by Bandlab
(04-01-2021, 10:38 AM)lm425 Wrote: Awesome awesome song went for a bright modern shiny mix.
Hated the ending so I've changed it up and gotten rid of the guitar part and drums at the end.

- This is a really clean mix i love it.

The trumpet is maybe a touch to loud, (and possibly sounds a bit too whiny), and be careful with the reverb cause the S's can be quite harsh, other than that i love it.
(22-01-2021, 09:43 PM)inigo_ Wrote:
(04-01-2021, 10:38 AM)lm425 Wrote: Awesome awesome song went for a bright modern shiny mix.

- This is a really clean mix i love it.

The trumpet is maybe a touch to loud, (and possibly sounds a bit too whiny), and be careful with the reverb cause the S's can be quite harsh, other than that i love it.
Thank you!, yep I've begun to think the trumpet is a bit distracting and it could be just a tad harsh in the top end so you seem to be confirming this as well which is great!