Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pray For The Rain
Hi folks! Check out my mix please.

Cheers! =)

.mp3    Pray_For_The_Rain.mp3 --  (Download: 12.97 MB)

(01-01-2021, 10:48 PM)Julia Altavista Wrote: Hi folks! Check out my mix please.

Cheers! =)
Hello Julia Altavista! You are presenting here a nice sounding and well balanced mix. Maybe for me the snare sounds a bit too far in the back.

Anyway, good job.

Cheers!
Thanks for feedback!

This second version, I tried to fix the snare drum =)

.mp3    Pray_For_The_Rain_V2.mp3 --  (Download: 12.97 MB)

Hi Julia - thanks for mixing our track ! I listened to V2 - I agree with the previous comment that the mix sounds well balanced. I like your choice of reverb ! The mix vision seems well suited to the song. I like your treatment of the guitars as well.

For opportunities, I can offer a few observations.
- consider automating some of the bass fills for interest - I can hear them in your mix, but I think they could be brought out just a touch more to add some interest
- guitar solo parts (I am the guitar player, so take with a grain of salt) - I love the delays you have chosen, but if you contrast the reverb applied to the lead vocal to the guitar solo parts, the guitar seems quite stark and feels "not in the same space" as the band. This was most apparent to me at the outro part starting.
- consider some automation of reverb level on the lead vocal part - I like the reverb choice a lot, but I was thinking that in the bridge part it is really apparent since most of the instrumentation is gone. If that was automated down for that part, I think the vocal would feel a bit more intimate and "closer" to the listener. Worth an experiment and see if you agree Smile

Thanks again for mixing our track and sharing ! Solid mix for sure !

BR

Thomas
(18-01-2021, 12:23 AM)ThomasStevenson Wrote: Hi Julia - thanks for mixing our track !  I listened to V2 - I agree with the previous comment that the mix sounds well balanced.  I like your choice of reverb !  The mix vision seems well suited to the song.  I like your treatment of the guitars as well.

For opportunities, I can offer a few observations.
- consider automating some of the bass fills for interest - I can hear them in your mix, but I think they could be brought out just a touch more to add some interest
- guitar solo parts (I am the guitar player, so take with a grain of salt) - I love the delays you have chosen, but if you contrast the reverb applied to the lead vocal to the guitar solo parts, the guitar seems quite stark and feels "not in the same space" as the band.  This was most apparent to me at the outro part starting.
- consider some automation of reverb level on the lead vocal part - I like the reverb choice a lot, but I was thinking that in the bridge part it is really apparent since most of the instrumentation is gone.  If that was automated down for that part, I think the vocal would feel a bit more intimate and "closer" to the listener.  Worth an experiment and see if you agree Smile

Thanks again for mixing our track and sharing !  Solid mix for sure !

BR

Thomas

Thanks for your feedback! Rolleyes
Yes you are right this is my haste and omission Big Grin
I will be fix it soon
I think I fixed it

.mp3    Pray_For_The_Rain_V3.mp3 --  (Download: 12.97 MB)