Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gone
Heres my version.
Comments and feedback welcome. Cheers to the guys for providing these tracks and good stuff to everyone who has a crack at mixing it.

.mp3    Strobe - Gone - Master 1.mp3 --  (Download: 8.35 MB)

Luke Percy,
Sydney Australia
https://www.lapaudio.com/
Hey Luke! This sounds really good. I like the role the guitar plays in your mix, it creates a very nice contrast between the verse and the chorus. The vocals sit nicely on top of the mix, bu in my humble opinion I think the backing vocals could use a little bit more reverb. All in all, really nice mix, keep up the good job!
I like the effects you used on the mix, but I think its all a little bright. It sounds like you tried to put everything into the same space, but the space you put it in sounds a little unnatural. Really love what you did at the beginning though.
Thanks for listening!
Logic, Midas M32, KRK monitors, Beyerdynamic and Focal headphones
I really like your version. Nice work!
Thanks for the constructive feedback. I am working hard to contain the high end in my mixes as I know for a fact I always mix a little bright!
Luke Percy,
Sydney Australia
https://www.lapaudio.com/
Really nice an original mix.
I love your lowend. Maybe the eq of all elements are a little to much bright but is my opinion.
Good job!
Cheers
Pep from Pepus Estudi
Bus-Comp Warm-Audio, Focal Alpha 80, Klark Teknik 76-KT, Klark Teknik EQP-KT, Focusrite Scarlett 18i20, X Touch One Behringer, Arturia MiniLab mkII, 
Mackie Big Knob, Sonarworks SoundID Reference,
Cakewalk by Bandlab
I like your soloing/highlighting of the acoustic guitar — I ended up taking a very similar approach! The drenched reverb seems a bit extreme for my liking, but I do like the ’80s vibe of sadness it gives, especially on the toms and claps. Listening on MDR-7506s is quite bright, but on Beats Studios it sounds very nice, with just the claps/snaps a little too piercing for me. Nice work!