Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Just Don't Talk mix
At first when I played the song I was like "hey, this is already nice, there won't be too much work to do". And then I discovered the kick drum. And also how offbeat the shaker, kick, snare, bass and guitar can be. And then the backing vocals. Singing with different rythm segmentation. And singing all possible notes, approximately. Approximately isn't the problem, since you can always fix this in an editor. The problem is that the harmony is so much of a cluster that I had to guess what was the intent to correct some of the friction. Some notes seem to be sung like intended, but don't really fit in the harmony, or maybe they wanted this kind of tension/resolution ??? It's hard to get it right. Well I've tried repitching them a bit, but I still feel really wrong about it. It's a shame because the last main vocal line sounds very nice.
Those backing vocals also eat a lot from the other instruments, and I learnt I should always give a lot of intention to all the tracks systematically since some good moments were totally burried and hidden by the rest of the mix. I'm really stumbling when there's more tracks.

edit: (i also forgot to fix the offbeat ride at the end. A fade out might have worked)

.mp3    mix Timo Timezone dont talk.mp3 --  (Download: 3.1 MB)

I'm a noob without gear. My mixes are bad. When giving advice I'm not critiquing like an expert, but only like a random listener.